• [+] Dice rolls
David Norman
United Kingdom
Trowbridge
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alan581 wrote:
I realize JKML is based in the UK so they are priced primarily for the UK market. But they are selling preorders to the US as well so I'm a little confused if they are officially distributing to the US or if all the copies over here are going to be priced as imports.

The JKML reprint preorder is $34 USD with $4 shipping to the United States. JKML's pricing scheme seems to suggest the MSRP will be about $38 once it hits the shelves (the preorder price is supposed to be 10% off recommended retail price).

But funagain has this exact item listed as MSRP $60 and preorder for $48. So is $38 direct from JKML right now really the best price we can expect in the United States?

While JKLM is based in the UK, we are pricing all our new games in Euros, as they are made in Europe, so that is where the cost has to be stable.

The MSRP is 30 Euros, plus 3 Euros shipping. This is converted into your local currency. The dollar has lost about 20% against the Euro in the last 6 months, so this will have caused a dollar price rise of about $6 over that period.

Those who order before it goes to print get a 20% discount. Those who order before release get a 10% discount. It looks like I forgot to update this when it went to print, so a few people have got a bonus price there!

Funagain decide their own prices, but of course, they do have to allow for their higher shipping costs, since they have to pay to ship the game from JKLM to Funagain, and then pay again to ship from them to you.

David.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.