Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonny Lawless
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
Four crazy kids and happy as a clam!
badge
My name is Glenn! Long have I carried Cyrus's hopes and dreams, and now I bear the Masamune as well! Henceforth, I claim them as my own! I shall slay the Fiendlord Magus and restore our honor!
mbmbmbmbmb
...by becoming the 3rd game in my collection that I've decided isn't worth the hassle of trying to get it all stored in just the original box.

Well met Space Hulk. Well met.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Brooks
Scotland
Stirling
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Battlefoam.com has a very nice foam insert that organises your new 3rd ed components perfectly into its original box. They fit in just fine.

http://battlefoam.com/catalog.php?item=187&catid=62&ret=cata...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henri Harju
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't get all these storage issues/tactics. The game fits perfectly inside the original box. The carcassonne expansion holds the miniatures nicely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jonnylawless wrote:
...by becoming the 3rd game in my collection that I've decided isn't worth the hassle of trying to get it all stored in just the original box.

Well met Space Hulk. Well met.

Your Tetris-Fu is just lacking . Pfft, I store Doom + expansion in the Doom base game box no problems.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nautilus wrote:
Battlefoam.com has a very nice foam insert that organises your new 3rd ed components perfectly into its original box. They fit in just fine.

Hmm, $25... thats actually not that bad of a price considering the cost of space hulk, and the foam for the minis looks to be custom shaped, and it includes a tray for the other parts.

Edit:
If you just want the troop foam tray its less, only $15:
http://battlefoam.com/catalog.php?item=226
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Watney
United Kingdom
Welwyn Garden City
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
what i did:

1.get some cardboard. the parcel it came in does nicely.
2.place the rulebook in the box, so it takes up roughly 1/2 the box. this is the size of yuor first section. cut cardboard to create a divider, and stick to base of box.
3. divide other half of box into two roughly equal sections with another cardboard divider. doors and counters will fit in one side, miniatures in the other.
4.use 1" sheet of packing foam to cover minis, and hold in place. if not available, just be careful with the box.

|______|_____|

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RJD
United States
Quad-Cities
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Henkka wrote:
I don't get all these storage issues/tactics. The game fits perfectly inside the original box. The carcassonne expansion holds the miniatures nicely.

Nice!

That might be the only use I'd ever get out of Carcassonne. laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Branko K.
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Yes! I'm not the only one who uses AT games purely for sneaky camouflage of my beloved Euros!

Btw nice job on carefully arranging those doors and floor tiles, no one but the most perceptive would notice that Agricola box peaking out from underneath...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Holden
United States
Hudson
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know, it seems kind of wrong to see carc and space hulk together like some secret, forbidden, shameful affair. I can understand from carc's point of view, but shame on you Space Hulk; couldn't you have at least found a nice RftG expansion box or something to mess around with? Henri, how could you condone, even promote this relationship?

I have a proposition for you Henri. I have this Gathering Storm expansion box that I'm not really using right now. If you send me a little geek gold, I'll pimp her out to, I mean...send her send it to you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't bother, but that's because I have a ton of 1st ed models too. I keep *all* my minis in a separate, badded box, and they're (going to be) intermixed with old and new figs.

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny Lawless
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
Four crazy kids and happy as a clam!
badge
My name is Glenn! Long have I carried Cyrus's hopes and dreams, and now I bear the Masamune as well! Henceforth, I claim them as my own! I shall slay the Fiendlord Magus and restore our honor!
mbmbmbmbmb
Nautilus wrote:

I have this product. Sure I could get all the pieces in there. I'm not saying I couldn't, but to get everything just right is terribly time consuming. That, and I'm not overly impressed with the battle foam product. Mine seems cut too small for some figures and I fear it may put too much pressure on some of the smaller details on the Terminators.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BTW, this guy has a pic of his pieces in battlefoam:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/3911156#3911156

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Hoppe
Denmark
Frederiksberg
flag msg tools
What are you, like 80?
badge
It's not the years, honey, it's the mileage.
mbmbmbmbmb
Henkka wrote:

Nice! I actually think I have an empty Carcassonne expansion box lying around somewhere...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Manning
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
designer
err... I like boardgames!?!
badge
D'oh! I bought overtext even though I have nothing interesting to say.
mbmbmbmbmb
Dam the Man wrote:
Pfft, I store Doom + expansion in the Doom base game box no problems.

Shenannigans!

Unless your Doom box is that TARDIS, I say "no Wai!".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Branko K.
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Carc exp box actually works great! Tight fit, just enough so everything can be put aside without too much sloshing about.

Just be sure first to place the Genestealer and THEN the Marines, because those four-armed basterdz just love to leave one arm sticking out and keep the lid from closing..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.