Christopher
Belgium
De Panne
Bachten de Kupe
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First of all: this has nothing to do with some ongoing discussions about whether geekdo is a good idea or not, that has been discussed elsewhere! So please don't react in that manner.

I noticed a difference between BoardGameGeek.com and Geekdo.com in how geekbadges, ubergeekbadges, new user badges, admins badges and all kind of badges are displayed. The badges on BGG are displayed (a bit) blurry!

Just try it for yourself:
open the same discussion thread in both BoardGameGeek.com and Geekdo.com, and move the windows next to each other. You will notice that the badges in BGG are blurry in comparison with those on Geekdo. I don't know if this was an issue back nin the BGG-only days, but I noticed it.

I took a screenshot, but it isn't completely visible on the csreenshot (although it is cleraly visible on my screen). I guess this has to do with picture encoding and the way BGG and/or Geekdo handle images?

screen shot (You need to open it and check the original format to see the difference):

While looking at that image using both sites, I noticed that the problem is not only on the badges, but also on the images. Just check it for yourself: see the difference between http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/560835?size=original and http://geekdo.com/image/560835?size=original

Is this the result of a design decision (and hence difference between both sites) or is it a bug in BoardGameGeek?

--- edited to change the title

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: geek- and other badges blurry on BoardGameGeek and not on GeekDo
I think the problem is that Firefox remembers zoom settings for different sites and you have got BGG set to a different setting, both sites look fine to me, but I can replicate the problem if I zoom in on one site.

Try going to boardgamegeek and selecting View->Zoom->Reset
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
Belgium
De Panne
Bachten de Kupe
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: geek- and other badges blurry on BoardGameGeek and not on GeekDo
DaveD wrote:
I think the problem is that Firefox remembers zoom settings for different sites and you have got BGG set to a different setting, both sites look fine to me, but I can replicate the problem if I zoom in on one site.

Try going to boardgamegeek and selecting View->Zoom->Reset

WOW, yes, that's it! And there I was, thinking that I found something interesting... shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.