Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Markus Rathgeb
Germany
Erbach
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I have some difficulties in understanding, what the Ogre does.

Quote:
Players may decide to 'Fold' immediately, 'Stick' or 'Hit' and may 'Hit' repeatedly until they decide to stop.

'Hit' - Draw another card?
'Fold' - ??
'Stick' - ??

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Covert
United States
Sandy Hook
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
From the creator:

The language may be a barrier here. This card is essentially a game of '21' or 'Blackjack' - but instead of using a conventional 52 playing card deck, we use the Cutthroat deck of cards.

Like Blackjack, the object is to get as high a hand as possible, without going over.

The terms used are the same as Blackjack.

Hit - draw another card.
Fold - decide at the outset to take no cards and leave the game without further risk. You are deciding not to gamble.
Stick - Indicates that you do not wish to draw any further cards, believing what you currently hold is enough to win. It also means you no longer wish to push your luck in drawing a card that might put you over the maximum points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Rathgeb
Germany
Erbach
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Curt,

I recognized the Blackjack (or here in Germany: 17+4) mechanism, but never played it with "English" terms. But now it's clear, and I'm happily looking forward to our next Cutthroat Cavern evening.

Thanks for this great game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.