Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Franciszek Strzalkowski
Poland
Warszawa
Mazowieckie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to know how you understand it. It's so that I roll two times and I add two results ( f.e. 4+3=7 so 2 hit) or I check both result separately?
Thanks a lot for answer
F.S.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rubin
United States
Trenton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
"It may be doubted whether so small a number of men ever employed so short a space of time with greater or more lasting effects upon the history of the world.” — Sir George Otto Trevelyan on the Battles of Trenton and Princeton
mbmbmbmbmb
You roll the two dice and add them together in one result (that's why the Siege Table has results from 2-12).

Note: a roll of 7 produces a result of 1/1 -- 1 siege point gained and 1 CU lost by the besieger.

EDIT: Wrong game -- see comments below. Leaving this here only so the chain makes sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
darksurtur
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dirubin wrote:
You roll the two dice and add them together in one result (that's why the Siege Table has results from 2-12).

Note: a roll of 7 produces a result of 1/1 -- 1 siege point gained and 1 CU lost by the besieger.

I'm pretty sure the siege table only goes from 1 to 6. If you siege more than once in a card play, don't add the results together. Roll, apply the results, then roll again and apply the new results.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franciszek Strzalkowski
Poland
Warszawa
Mazowieckie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sorry but siege tabel has only 1 to 6 result. I don't understand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rubin
United States
Trenton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
"It may be doubted whether so small a number of men ever employed so short a space of time with greater or more lasting effects upon the history of the world.” — Sir George Otto Trevelyan on the Battles of Trenton and Princeton
mbmbmbmbmb
Oops! I was thinking of the Siege Table for Sword of Rome ... blush

Under second edition rules, one was never allowed to roll more than once for a Siege per card play. Has something changed for third edition?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
darksurtur
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dirubin wrote:
Oops! I was thinking of the Siege Table for Sword of Rome ... blush

Under second edition rules, one was never allowed to roll more than once for a Siege per card play. Has something changed for third edition?

I assume this question is about the Treachery Within City strategy card, which does allow two rolls if played for the event.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Cappocchi
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
Arkham Horror, Amun Re, R-ECO, Ora Et Labora, Napoleonic Wars
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Or Scipio A.'s special ability. Both would let you roll twice, but it is two separate checks of one die roll each - never two dice added together for a single result.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John B. Firer
United States
Glendale
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Two separate rolls for Treachery and special ability; they are not combined!

JBF

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jose carrion
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But what happens if scipio is besieging with 3 UCs, and as a result of the first roll he loses 1 UC?

I thought that the hability was roll 2 dice and apply both results, no adding them in one single result.

For example he rolls 1 and 6. He loses 1 uc but add 2 siege points

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volker Hirscher
Germany
Oftersheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, Scipio can add 2 siege points in one siege. It is not about adding them together...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.