Graham Dean
United Kingdom
Bedford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to Essen for the first time this year, and I'm keen to investigate games for 6 players, as it looks like we'll be getting 6 more frequently at my family game group from now on.

I'm not really after fillers (we have a few of those). I'm more interested in games which could form the main game of the evening.

Are there any new ones being released at Essen which I could check out?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve K
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
A few I'm aware of:

The BoardGameGeek Game - Richard Breese, age 8+ / 60 mins
Peloponnes - with 6th player expansion (15 mins per player)
Colonia - Dirk Henn, age 12+, 120 mins
Granada (not in database) - Dirk Henn, Queen Games, age 8+, 60 mins
A Brief History of the World - still 6 players, but now reduce to a mere 3 hours
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas
Germany
Nagold
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to a detailed search I did as a service to the geek community You might be able to find some new games that e.g. libri.de said can be ordered but are not out yet. Those are:

1) Monopoly Gelsenkirchen
2) Monopoly Duisburg
3) Monopoly Halle
4) Monopoly Tübingen
5) Monopoly Ludwigshafen
6) Monopoly Rosenheim
7) Monopoly Reutlingen.

As You realize those games all have a different theme. I do not know which of the themes is Your favourite, so I advise You check them out or better playtest them when You are at the Essen fair!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Parsons
United Kingdom
CHELMSFORD
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Graham,

I just did this advanced search for games with a 2009 publication date, that accommodate six players and take up to 90 minutes, expansions excluded. To my surprise there were three pages of them. It's a fair guess that many will be available at Essen, even if not making their debut.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.