Eric Pietrocupo
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To prevent a endless dice fest near the end of the game and to prevent a bug were too much defense make you almost invincible (no time to explain right now)

I thought that if miltiple miniatures attack the same target, you can 1 1D for each additional firing miniature instead of rolling each miniature speparately.

Also if the target miniture has ennemy adjacent miniature next to it, you can add 1D to your attack for each ennemy miniature.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe McKinley
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
When I heard the learn’d astronomer; When the proofs, the figures, were ranged in columns before me; When I was shown the charts and the diagrams, to add, divide, and measure them; When I, sitting, heard the astronomer, where he lectured with
badge
much applause in the lecture-room, How soon, unaccountable, I became tired and sick; Till rising and gliding out, I wander’d off by myself, In the mystical moist night-air, and from time to time, Look’d up in perfect silence at the stars. W.W.
mbmbmbmbmb
How many defense dice does it take to make you almost invincible?

Are you playing right? There should be no need for this type of house rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Pietrocupo
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A: The long story is that I played with hero scape gear, and a player added up 2 defensive items on a squad which give them 4 additional defense dices and made them almost impossible to hit.

B: Also near the end of the game, where there are few units left, we always endup running around the map in a dice fest until somebody hit. So maybe ending the game sooner could be the solution

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Jullie
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, it sounds like the easiest way to avoid this is to avoid the additional defense dice "gear" (do you mean glyphs?). A single +1 defense glyph is pretty powerful, much less two +2 defense glyphs. I think it would be easier to just adjust your glyph pool than create some sort of new ruleset.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Redden
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Nut'n honey
badge
"One of the key problems today is that politics is such a disgrace, good people don't go into government." - Donald Trump
mbmbmbmbmb
larienna wrote:
A: The long story is that I played with hero scape gear, and a player added up 2 defensive items on a squad which give them 4 additional defense dices and made them almost impossible to hit.

B: Also near the end of the game, where there are few units left, we always endup running around the map in a dice fest until somebody hit. So maybe ending the game sooner could be the solution

Try playing on a smaller terrain. There should be no reason why figures are able to escape by running away. Attacking figures with higher movement and/or higher range will always narrow down the opposition and DESTROY!!!

This is a problem when flying figures with higher movement don't perform their duty and attack. If you're afraid to attack when you're stronger than your opponent you shouldn't be playing a game of combat and destroy. Too bad if you engage and your figure is killed with odds against. Flying figures with ranged attack are deadly in the endgame.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.