Popular Tags: camping [+] radar [+] [View All]
Kendall Merriman
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going camping this weekend with a total of 5 people, and I wanted to take a few games. Looking through my collection, what would you suggest? The people camping are all at least a little bit gamers.

I was planning on taking:
Citadels,
Bang!,
Bohnanza,
Wits and Wagers,
probably BSG (everyone going has seen at least some of the show)

Any other suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick OLeary
United States
Roosevelt
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hive would be fun to play outdoors with all the real bugs around.

In all seriousness, its a game that won't get ruined or blow away while you are outside.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DC
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
What type of camping -- camper, car, tent, backcountry? That would probably change my recommendations. But in general:

I second Bang! -- but keep it well protected from the elements.

I also usually pack Carcassonne, if there will be a picnic table or flat rocks to play on. Packs easily.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd suggest Lexio.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Monroe
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aquarius

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kendall Merriman
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tent camping, right next to the car. We'll probably spend a lot of time hiking the local trails, but also some time back at camp, where a few games would be nice to have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Owens
Philippines
Cainta
Rizal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Citadels is definitely your best option. Bang! is also a lot of fun with five people, but Citadels is a fantastic game that appeals to just about anybody.

BSG is a great game, but I think it's a bit too clumsy and big for something like camping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew of Mathematical Leanings

Modesto
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hive is a 2 player abstract, last I checked . . . good thematic choice, but bad implementation for 5.

I'll see if I can't rig up a playing card version of Lexio. It looks interesting enough to me to give it a whirl. I have a ton of same backed cards that I need to do something with, anyway . . .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kendall Merriman
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EndersGame wrote:
There's no need to limit yourself is there? - Take 'em all!

You know, my little station wagon could probably handle my whole games collection, but then I wouldn't have room to bring the food.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Melenyk
United States
Bellaire
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
We got rained out on our last camping trip, pushed us into the 4 man tent the other couple brought. They aren't really gamers but Kismet turned out to be a lot of fun. Ultra simple luck dice games, I feel work it those situations just to keep your mind off the rain and cold

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.