Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems that the rules allow it, but just to be certain:

Can a player move a piece intentionally walk onto a trap (of course, having a nearby animal to "save" that piece)? The strategy here would likely be to then further pull another animal onto the trap, of course.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Petersen
United States
St. Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Yep.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fritz Juhnke
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, a suicidal step into a trap is permitted, and just to be clear, it can be the first half of a pull that is then completed after the pulling piece dies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Ebent
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So then I could pull a rabbit with say a horse(the horse being adjacent to a trap), and sacrifice the horse into the trap, with no friends adjacent with the intention to freeze the rabbit next to the elephant in the diagonal spot next to the trap as its pulled into the space left where the horse was?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fritz Juhnke
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bwolfheart wrote:
So then I could pull a rabbit with say a horse(the horse being adjacent to a trap), and sacrifice the horse into the trap, with no friends adjacent with the intention to freeze the rabbit next to the elephant in the diagonal spot next to the trap as its pulled into the space left where the horse was?

Yes, assuming I understand you correctly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Ebent
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok. Well that was nearly verified...haha.
I'll take that as a yes.

It was the only way I could explain it. I don't like using the A-H,1-8 space identification in discussing rules clarifications. I find it confuses matters more on my end. I guess I could pull up a chess board with those spaces identified.

If you pull out a game board and the pieces. I do believe what I said visually pulls off. It might help if you only use the Horse,Rabbit and Elephant on the board to clarify the example.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fritz Juhnke
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I had said, "Yes," with no qualification, would you have been confident that I had understood you?

Position: Eb2 Hc2 rd2, Gold to move, a legal two-step turn would be Hc2n rd2w, sacrificing the gold horse in c3 and pulling the silver rabbit next to the gold elephant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve K
United States
flag msg tools
Yes... (I think)... and if you park your elephant next to a trap, that trap is effectively an ordinary space for your other pieces. Unless I'm mistaken?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.