Space Hulk (third edition)» Forums » General

Subject: Games Workshop support rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wouter Dhondt
Belgium
Anzegem
flag msg tools
My armor is contempt. My shield is disgust. My sword is hatred. In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
badge
Song of my soul, my voice is dead; Die thou, unsung, as tears unshed. Shall dry and die in Lost Carcosa.
mbmbmbmbmb
Games Workshop always get´s a lot of flak for their pricing and the way they handle their business. Personally I don´t agree with all the moaning. Maybe cause I´m used to spending lots of money on games (I´m a Magic player). In fact I´m not even sure where all the negativity is comming from. I like their products, and the prices are reasonable. So I want to tell something positive for a change.

When I received my Space Hulk box, I noticed the sand timer was broken, and that the librarian was also broken. I contacted the support right away and they informed me they´d replace the components. So a week after I opened the Space Hulk box I received another big box. I thought the size was a bit strange. Opened it right away and saw a new sand timer. And instead of a new librarian I received a complete terminator set on sprues. I just stood their with the new sprues, looking in disbelief.

I know some of you will probably use this to say that this is proof that the plastic terminators are very cheap to produce. But they only see the cost of plastic components and forget the complete development process.

I´m glad with their level of professionalism and will support the company and their products in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh yeah, this is something I hear all the time. Their products are expensive: no question. Their games are NOT a cheap hobby.

Customer service though? A-mazing, some of the best around. You pay a lot, but you get a lot too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
Que wibbly nostalgic flashback moment (which is only vaguely related).

Way back when I was very young, there was a battle report in White Dwarf featuring dwarfs. In that issue, there was a special army offer to buy the exact same dwarf army for a bit less than the normal price. I really wanted that army, but I just couldn't afford it (I was about 12).

Anyway, about two years passed, and I managed to accumulate a bit of cash. I actually wrote (snail mail in the post!) to the customer service dept asking if they could put together that exact same army and how much it would cost (referencing the particular WD issue in my letter).

Yup... they did it for the offer price in the magazine.

GW do a lot of things wrong. Name a company that doesn't. But what they do right, more than makes up for it.

Besides, I don't buy enough gaming stuff for the high prices to hurt me that badly...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexey Babaitsev
Russia
Moscow (Postal Code 115597)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm yet to receive my replacement. My Librarian was broken, and I posted a picture in a different thread. I'll let you all know what I'll get.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My sergeant had a snapped sword. They sent me a replacement.

Not the first time that I've had great service from them. It's a long time ago now, but I remember being shorted on some Epic Tyrannid sprues (can't remember what the issue was). They sent out double the number of replacements. One day I might get around to painting the thousand-odd it left me with!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mars
United States
Suisun City
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
About 6 months ago I bought a tyranid battleforce and it was missing a hormagaunt sprue, and had an extra termagaunt sprue. I called customer service and explained the situation to them, and that I would gladly send them back the errant sprue if I got the correct one. I just wanted enough hormagaunt sprues for a unit. The guy told me to not worry about it, told me to keep the extra sprue, and sent me a whole box of gaunts. So in the end I ended up with an extra sprue of hormagaunts and 3 extra sprues of termagaunts. That was quite generous of their customer service department!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom

Carmel
New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy shipped without a rulebook. It's been 2 and half weeks and I'm still waiting. Whatever the circumstances, I think that's too long.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Overpriced? Definitly.

Customer Service? Excellent. They might be slow to respond. But GW by and far tends to deal with product problems very well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Adams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb

Well it better be for my nephew's sake after the state of some of the Genestealers from the new SH which he received yesterday !

At least others have experienced some problems relating to SH new edition and it is not a one-off ! GW have to get their customer service to answer a few questions and replace damaged plastic models if they are held in such high regards.whistle

Edit: typo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John B
United States
West Allis
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'll pipe in and vent some frustration. I've been told that my copy of Space Hulk shipped out on 9/2 (preordered on 8/17), and I have yet to receive it. 2 phone calls and 3 emails later, and I still haven't received a tracking number or an offer to tell me where the game is. I have to say I find it rather odd.

edited for typos

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Adams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb

emmmm, looking gloomy shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Marshall
United States
Unspecified
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TKTK wrote:
My copy shipped without a rulebook. It's been 2 and half weeks and I'm still waiting. Whatever the circumstances, I think that's too long.

Same here. I sent an email and contacted them by phone. They had no idea when they were going to send them out when I spoke to the rep on the phone.

I just a reply to my email today (which I sent on the 6th) stating they should have replacement parts soon and they will ship them as soon as they receive it.

Quote:
Hello,

We are having replacement parts for Space Hulk sent to us. As soon as we receive them, we will send replacement parts out to you."

Ugh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Adams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
shake Really, if GW knew how many copies they intended to produce and sell....the replacement parts should have been dealt with at the same time.

Seems more than a bit of disorganized marketing. Fine for the money, but let them wait for the replacements attitude is just not good PR and marketing practice.

As for Customer Service, no wonder they are taking their time. It sounds like they do not care a hoot as long as the 2Limited" editions of SH are sold. This type of "Let them eat cake" attitude stinks !

Regards.

Edit: typo (some of the keys on my kb seem to have a mind of their own angry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Adams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb

Sorry , but I forgot to ask: GW's UK phone number ?

I have to go back and forth and BT has gone a bit wonky today. Took me 15 mins to sent an e-mail to GW and waited for it to fly bu pigeon !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slev Sleddeddan
United Kingdom
Victoria Park
Manchester
flag msg tools
What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?
badge
Don't you open that trapdoor!
mbmbmbmbmb
elfrododumbo wrote:

Sorry , but I forgot to ask: GW's UK phone number ?

I have to go back and forth and BT has gone a bit wonky today. Took me 15 mins to sent an e-mail to GW and waited for it to fly bu pigeon !

0115 91 40,000

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Klk
msg tools
Yep im feeling the grief here too.
Bought a copy yesterday, found out the sand timer has a crack in it. one of the genestealers claws has broken off and the backing of one of the corridors is coming off.

Phoned the store who called me to call CS, who were, of course, closed.
Called CS the next day who said it had to be ordered by the store.
Called the store again - who said they would look into it and I should call back later - when i called, they said I had to bring in the broken parts to the store, at which point they would order them off head office.
When I asked if they could order the broken components in advance so that i could save myself a trip and come in to exchange, they told me they could not order them until they had the broken bits.

3 broken bits, 4 phone calls, two extra car journeys (with extortionate town parking fees) and an indeterminate time to wait for a replacement.
Somehow im not feeling the customer service love. Beginning to wish i'd never bought the thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wouter Dhondt
Belgium
Anzegem
flag msg tools
My armor is contempt. My shield is disgust. My sword is hatred. In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
badge
Song of my soul, my voice is dead; Die thou, unsung, as tears unshed. Shall dry and die in Lost Carcosa.
mbmbmbmbmb
But then again, you didn't contact GW.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Klk
msg tools
Kwakkie wrote:
But then again, you didn't contact GW.

hope you didnt post this to me... but since your post is below mine and you didnt state otherwise... :S

if it is intended to me, if you look at what I said i have spoken to the CS department and the store (twice).. if that doesnt count as contacting GW, i dont know what else does? :S

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luis Magalhães
Brazil
Olinda
Pernambuco
flag msg tools
Come on! It's Sci-Fi!
badge
Get Your Finger Out of My Face!! =D
mbmbmbmbmb

Yeah... Usa to Brazil is a dificult travel

Pieces of the broken timer scratched the tokens sheets.. in especial 11. cry

I Already sent a email to WG Custommer service, now i´m waiting for reply and if possible a replacement at least for the timer.

Edit:

and as everything always can get worse, I acidently broke one miniature removing... #$%&*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the sprues in my copy had a couple damaged figures on it..

I emailed GW customer support about it Friday night, and received a response from them today (Monday afternoon). Next business day response time gets no complaints from me.

Unfortunately, the response was "we are waiting for a shipment of replacement parts to be sent to us, and will send them to you once we receive them.." so it still might be a little while before I get them.. But props on the prompt response.

EDIT: Got my replacement sprue today.. I happy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.