United States
Pleasantville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Is it just me or do my balls itch?
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw Stingray Sam on a rooftop in Brooklyn. It has it's official world premiere tonight.

You can watch it in its entirety online tonight (and only tonight) at 10pm EST here:

http://www.stingraysam.com/

You can also watch the first episode and hear a few songs on this page:

http://www.corymcabee.com/store/

If you like western serial singing cowboy sci-fi rock opera then you might like this film.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Western serial singing cowboy sci-fi rock opera? I'll pass, thanks, but it was close.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pronoblem baalberith
United States
Pleasantville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EYE of NiGHT wrote:
Western serial singing cowboy sci-fi rock opera? I'll pass, thanks, but it was close.

You can watch one episode online... give it 10 minutes before you decide. It is free for the one episode and for the whole film... the film will be pretty late for you in England.

Most sci-fi films (that are not real sci-fi) are usually westerns, fantasy or horror.

For Stingray Sam think Star Wars or Firefly only MUCH better and with some singing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmb
When does Laura Palmer come in?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pronoblem baalberith
United States
Pleasantville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
When does Laura Palmer come in?

Ha. Hilarious. You compare this to Lynch / Twin Peaks??? Where the hell do you get that idea from?

This film is silly fun... it has it's seriousness in that it is social commentary on our media driven sexist culture, the recent financial melt- down and our increasing prison population... but it is a dark comedy. It's nothing like a Lynch film - everything is right out there - linear narrative, conceived plot, beginning / ending with a high-noon like showdown... it's not some neo-noir dream state that leaves you with questions like Lynch. Either you've never seen Lynch or you have some preconceived notion what Stingray Sam is about.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pronoblem baalberith
United States
Pleasantville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
starts in a few minutes....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.