Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Johns
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all,

I have Ferd and 6 inf in Vienna vs. an oncoming Nap, Davout and 14 guys (which is actually illegal, too many...none-the-less). Kut failed his interception roll so I want to evade. I successfully evade, but is this only with 4 infantry and the cav unit would have to also roll or does one roll do them all (even though it is above the unit commanding limits)? I think I'll have to roll again. What's the verdict? Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Everett
United States
Moore
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ferdinand can evade with only as many SPs as he can command in his army, so it is Ferdinand + 4 units for that evasion. The remaining 2 units can be combined as a cavalry and take an evasion roll. Alternatively, you could separate the 2 leftover units into two infantry and make evasion rolls for each.

Just another reason why it is a good idea to make sure you have enough leaders to command all troops in a space.

-Donald
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Johns
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GRRRR. Thanks for that NOW ...

I actually thought that I had two leaders there. C'est la vie (since we'll all be speaking French next year. whistle )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glyn Hooper
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm...I'm under the impression taht if you elect to stay and fight ( Kutuzov trying to intercept ) you cannot then elect to evade when he fails. As well dont you just roll once for the entire stack...and apply that roll to evryones evasion attempt?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Johns
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pwyll wrote:
Hmm...I'm under the impression taht if you elect to stay and fight ( Kutuzov trying to intercept ) you cannot then elect to evade when he fails. As well dont you just roll once for the entire stack...and apply that roll to evryones evasion attempt?

When does one pick to "elect to fight"? In the rules 10.1 interception comes before evasion 10.2 Interception is interrupting the current player. So, the way I see it, Ferd's sittin' in Vienna having a coffee and Sachertorte. When he gets the message that Kutusov can't get there in time. (Rolled snake eyes, as I recall!) So, Ferd and his homies pack up and leave.

Now, note that I have been wrong A LOT in this game so...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glyn Hooper
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think sir you may be right on both counts...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Johns
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, just as a follow up, Ferd evaded. Nap got a flag overrun on Vienna with that last guy or two. Boo.

Then, Nap detached two guys in Vienna and went to Prague. We intercepted there (from Moravia) and got beat...grrr. Flag of Prague.

I built and the Russians reinforced to adjacent to Moravia. Nap moved back to Vienna and then bizarely (?) decided to hit us in Moravia. Some attrition card killed two French (3 halved), then Konstantine +4 reinforced and we were suddenly up.

Rolled the dice and we got 11 hits to his 5!!! Nap ended alone in Vienna. With my last card I chased him to and through Prague and got back Vienna, Prague and Munich. It was a weird turn of events!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Van Beurden
Belgium
Leuven
Vlaams-Brabant
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Why is Nap, Davout & 14 guys illegal, in a Grand Army? Can't Napoleon command his 8, and Davout his 6, for a total of 14? Does Napoleon need to spend 1 of his command per leader in his grand army?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Johns
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tegarend wrote:
Why is Nap, Davout & 14 guys illegal, in a Grand Army? Can't Napoleon command his 8, and Davout his 6, for a total of 14? Does Napoleon need to spend 1 of his command per leader in his grand army?

It isn't. I fixed the original post. The way we read it was that Davout would count as one of those lead by Napoleon. So, in our flawed interpretation It would be:

Nap +7 & Davout = the 8 then Davout + his 6.

The correct way is:

Nap +8 & Davout +6.

No biggie. Still a weird series of events.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.