Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Johns
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gawd, I really suck at these rules...

OK, so can Nap (8)and Davout (6) move 14 if moving as an army group or 13? Does it work like this:

Nap +8 and Davout + his 6

Nap +7 and Davout + his 6 (ie. Davout counts as one of Napoleon's 8)

From the example from 9.71 seems to indicate the former:

Example: Napoleon (Command Rating: 8) and Murat (4) could move 12
Units in addition to themselves as an Army Group. Each Duchy entered
would cost two CPs (one for each Army). Napoleon, Murat and seven
Units (any combination of French and French Minor Pact Allies) would
compose one Army and cost one CP for each Duchy entered.

Heck, while I've got this one open, I'll ask another question about Army Groups. Can the leader of an army change based on the impulse of the country? RU and AU stack together, both with leaders. Can the Austrian be in charge on his impulse and then the Russian be on his impulse? Can it change back and forth?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
iamspamus wrote:
Gawd, I really suck at these rules...

OK, so can Nap (8)and Davout (6) move 14 if moving as an army group or 13? Does it work like this:

Nap +8 and Davout + his 6

Nap +7 and Davout + his 6 (ie. Davout counts as one of Napoleon's 8)

From the example from 9.71 seems to indicate the former:

Example: Napoleon (Command Rating: 8) and Murat (4) could move 12
Units in addition to themselves as an Army Group. Each Duchy entered
would cost two CPs (one for each Army). Napoleon, Murat and seven
Units (any combination of French and French Minor Pact Allies) would
compose one Army and cost one CP for each Duchy entered.

Heck, while I've got this one open, I'll ask another question about Army Groups. Can the leader of an army change based on the impulse of the country? RU and AU stack together, both with leaders. Can the Austrian be in charge on his impulse and then the Russian be on his impulse? Can it change back and forth?

You got it right the first time - an Army Group is a Group of Armies, each Army its normal self, all moving together.

As to the second point, that is called the Leap Frog - a very powerful maneuver that really shines in Wellington. So, yes, if your ally allows you to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Johns
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wilhammer wrote:
iamspamus wrote:
Can the leader of an army change based on the impulse of the country? RU and AU stack together, both with leaders. Can the Austrian be in charge on his impulse and then the Russian be on his impulse? Can it change back and forth?

That is called the Leap Frog - a very powerful maneuver that really shines in Wellington. So, yes, if your ally allows you to.

How does it work? Do you ask for permission to be the commander (and once you get it you do what you want that turn) or do you have to spell out the moves that you'll do? I assume the first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
Crystal Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You need the permission of the non-phasing player to move his units, but once you've got it, that's how it works. You can spell out the moves if you like, but it's not binding that you follow them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Johns
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Roger. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.