Michael Withstand
Indonesia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The crad read such as

Requirement
Played if the fellowship last known position is in a region without friendly settlement.

Move any or all Nazgul on the map and if by the end of this movement a nazgul is in the region where the fellowship last known position is, reveal the fellowship.

Can cards with requirement such as above such as these be played when the fellowship is already on the step of Mt Doom?

-----------------------------------------------

Last night the crad was till played even when the fellowship is on the step of Mt Doom.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
Crystal Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe you can, but it won't do you any good. Once they're on the Mt. Doom track, they're effectively untouchable by Shadow armies and the Nazgul.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Einmal ist keinmal
United States
Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Non fui, fui, non sum, non curo
mbmbmbmbmb
From the FAQ:
Quote:
Q 'Foul Thing From the Deep' - Can this card be used when the Fellowship is inside Mordor? The wording on the card seems to suggest that it can't.

A Yes, it can be used when the Fellowship is in Mordor. The wording on the card is a slight mix up and the main point here is: The card can be played as long as the Fellowship is not in a Free Peoples settlement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Kennedy
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is answered in the FAQ. The card can be played as long as the Fellowship is not in a Free People's Settlement. So you can use it while the Fellowship is in Mordor and get a free move of all your Nazgul.

I don't think you can get the free reveal though as the Fellowship is not in any region of the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Withstand
Indonesia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks we played that card and

I think I got the description wrong. The foul thing from the deep was supposed to allow a hunt tile being drawn right away.

Okay thanks so the fellowship won't be affected by army and Nazgul once they are in Mount Doom. Okay got it thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mont A.
United States
Carbondale
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm confused. Both the original poster and some of the respondents seem to be conflating "Foul Thing from the Deep" with "Nazgûl Search" (and perhaps "The Nazgûl Strike!").

As I understand from the FAQ, "Foul Thing from the Deep" CAN be used when the Fellowship is in Mordor. But unless I'm mistaken, this has nothing to do with moving Nazgûl, or revealing the Fellowship....

So I'm still unclear: can "Nazgûl Search" and "The Nazgûl Strike!" indeed be played if the Fellowship is in Mordor (as a way for the Shadow Player to move the Nazgûl using a Palantir die)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alija Vila
Bosnia and Herzegovina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
The track is represented by the circles superimposed on the Gorgoroth region on the map; not that the circles are not actually considered to be part of that region.

That's from CE Rulebook.

Quote:
The Nazgûl Strike! (C)
Play if the Fellowship is on step 1 or
higher on the Fellowship Track.
Move any or all of the Nazgûl.
Then, if at least one Nazgûl is in the region
with the Ring-bearers, you may
either discard one Free Peoples Character
Event card from the table or roll for
the Hunt (as if the Free Peoples player
had moved the Fellowship).

First, they can't enter the same region (stated in the rule above). Second problem that comes to my mind is about moving Nazguls - Play if the Fellowship is on step 1 or higher on the Fellowship Track. I don't see it happening in Mordor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.