Subject: Anyone up to comment on this one? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sithrak - The god who hates you unconditionally
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, it's been a while since I last played BS, but I'm still interested in the game. Information on this expansion is pretty sparse, and since it's fairly hard to get in Europe (Haven't seen it in any of the FOGS I frequent), I'd like to hear more about this before I order it from overseas...

So here it is: What's the new equipment? What's with the Eugenes? How does sanity work?

Any information would be appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Camelorn
Germany
Koblenz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I do note haveany more info on the expansion, but i geekmailed Jeff siadek (ourhero) and he said he will attend Essen and will sell copies of Deep Ones there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Johnson
United States
Van Nuys
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
there are two new actions Becalm & Cower. they are both related to sanity, you can calm yourself(which is harder to do) or someone else. or you can whimper.

there are four new special abilities, 3 of them deal with sanity.

eugene's are weak humans in my book, they get a limited form of telepathy instead of willpower. they get a lower target number, one higher move and one higher Hit Point. a lacking new species in my book.

4 pieces of personal equipment. 3 drugs, one skill chip. all about sanity.

two pieces of cargo equipment, Ghoster and digital actualizer.
one turns you into a ghost, can't be harmed and can't affect the world. the other you get free follow up question but you could go insane.

sanity is something to spend your luck on during the mission or not and just run amok with your sanity level. all the mission are like Pax, puzzles to be figured out, but with sanity checks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Camelorn
Germany
Koblenz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Meh, didn't like Pax... will buy this one nevertheless!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Camelorn
Germany
Koblenz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bought it for 15€ from Jeff Siadek in Essen 09; he even signed it for me!
I will probably write a short review sometime soon...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Siadek
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Deep Ones in Deep Space is NOT like Pax Galacticum! These are not missions of peace goo, they are missions of horror zombie. There are 15 pages of Battlestations fiction in the middle of the book separating the player's section from the referee's section. All of the Psionics rules have been clarified, updated, and put in one handy section. There's new treasure and about 2 dozen missions, which include a great deal of combat, and there are opportunities to use creativity in solving most of them.

Thank you for trying it out! We put a few years of work into it, and I'm very proud of it!

btw: I'm very proud of Pax, too, and it's filled with useful special abilities, equipment, actions, and missions that can have a layer of combat added if you're not into missions of peace and rescue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Camelorn
Germany
Koblenz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am nearly done reading this and i think i like it better than Pax and Pirates. There are some shortcomings, but all in all this is a well done expansion. I promise to do a more thorough review once i am done reading all the missions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
paul wastney
msg tools
We the dutch battlestation group from Arnhem in the Netherlands, helped in some playtesting this book and are very pleased with the outcome of this expansion.

Deep Ones brought something back into the minds of the characters. Fear! High rank characters can chew through many an enemy boarder, ship or alien but what when the enemy is the enemy inside you.

The storylines you will follow give a logical puzzle to solve and a fulfilment to the task you have undertaken. Arnhems crew will be pleased to continue to defend the UREF from ???????

Cadet Kiwi Paul
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.