Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sithrak - The god who hates you unconditionally
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure, as long as you don't promise to sell and trade it to two different people

If I'm "ordering" an item that's up for sale on the BGG marketplace, I always have to live with the possibility that someone else put the order in before me and the seller just didn't have time to accept the sale yet, if the likelyhood of that is doubled (Well, sort of), that doesn't change the fact that I may be willing to buy (or trade for) an item that's no longer available.

If you want to make sure people understand that both is possible, just put it into the comments for the game (Something like "Available both for trade and sale"), but I believe an accurate description of the games condition would be more interesting and important.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Wagnon
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Cybertronic: Superior by design.
mbmbmbmbmb
ebade wrote:
I have new copy of Battle Cry that I want to sell. But I wouldn't mind trading it either. Is it ethical to put it up for both sale and trade?

your thoughts.

Not a problem. However, if you sell, remember to remove from your trade list, and vice versa.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
Absolutely. Yet another reason people should geekmail people before submitting trade proposals--to iron out such details.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Fitzgerald
United States
Mazomanie
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's fine but if you end up accepting an offer, I'd say ethically you abide by the agreement even if a better deal came along.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ebade wrote:
I have new copy of Battle Cry that I want to sell. But I wouldn't mind trading it either. Is it ethical to put it up for both sale and trade?

your thoughts.

Apparently I`m dyslexic. I read this is as:

ebade wrote:
Is it ethical to put it up for both sale and trash?

Not unethical, I thought to myself. Just peculiar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you suspend the selling of it while you have a trade being worked out then it would help. But, if you are just proposing a trade and waiting for an answer, I'd leave it on the selling market as well. If someone accepts the trade, suspend the sell or remove it if it goes through.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.