Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
So, in the last 3 weeks I've introduced a couple of non-gamer friends of mine to Unnamed Object, Wits & Wagers, Dixit and Tikal. I ran into one of them today and she said they liked the games so much, they just placed an order for all of them except Tikal! (I had also told them where they could buy them online). I was surprised, I knew they had fun with them but I didn't realize they enjoyed them that much.

Admittedly, these fall more in the party game genre - but still, they're not mainstream party games, so feels good to spread some gaming goodness around to new people...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
mbmbmbmbmb
Invite them along to the gaming weekend in October. I was thinking about having party games running in the Living Room Friday or Saturday Night.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Nomad
Netherlands
Den Bosch
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is Dixit finally widely available?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb
Asmodee has released this and if it's available to Canada (fungamescafe.com) then it's surely available in the US. I'm not sure about Australia though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas
Germany
Nagold
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Always good to have new recruits, spreading the gospel and spoiling others television habits with another pastime. I had the most success with Carcassonne. Pretty, Plays well with 2, Easy to learn. Not expensive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
Guantanamo wrote:
Invite them along to the gaming weekend in October. I was thinking about having party games running in the Living Room Friday or Saturday Night.

I will definitely invite them!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tommynomad wrote:
Is Dixit finally widely available?

Not sure outside of the US, but I ordered mine from boardsandbits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.