Subject: Bocage hexes and infiltration questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Gibson
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Just wondering if the 'unit and depth strength doubled' bonus for defending German units in bocage hexes applies if ANY part of a bocage graphic is in the hex, or does the bocage graphic have to follow the hexside being attacked across. For example, does WN70 in hex 0728 gain the bocage bonus if being attacked from any hex, or only if being attacked from one/some of the hexes surrounding it? I am guessing that having some of the graphic in the defenders hex is sufficient, especially since the bocage graphics are not particularly linear and don't really follow hexsides.

I also have an infiltration question - if an infiltration unit moves into a hex that is in the LOS of 2 defending hexes (e.g moving from hex 0530 to hex 0630) are 2 fire cards drawn against it or just 1?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Butterfield
United States
Fremont
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
A bocage hex is one in which the hex itself contains a bocage pattern, such as 0728 and 0828. A hedge hexside does not confer the bocage defense bonus. For example, hex 0635 is not a bocage hex, even though bordered by hedges.

Infiltration: In your example you would draw ONE card and hope you don't get the moving unit's target symbol and a green or purple fire symbol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey D Myers
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
"Always rely upon a happy mind alone." Geshe Chekhawa.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great game you have here, John! DG did a good development and production job for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Gibson
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks John. I'm finding this a great game to play solo (no surprise), but also that the co-operative nature of a 2 payer game is an excellent way to get new players into the game without having the problem of them being the opposition.

Cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.