Spiros Fousteris
Greece
Moschato
Athens
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Just played a game of Munchkin Quest last night.Great game!!!!!(Big fan of the Munchkin series )
I have a question about the DxM cards though.

In the rulebook at the section of the -Game Phases- (page 6 ) it says draw a DxM card at the start of your turn.

Later on the same page at the section -Exploring- ,after the part where the Mapmaker places the links for the room,it says ..meanwhile you can draw a DxM card as a reward for exploring...

So a player draws 1 DxM at the start of his turn and 1 more for exploring the room?
Or does this ...meanwhile you can draw a DxM card...refers to the DxM card drawn at the start of the player's turn?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
One at the start of every turn, plus one per new room you enter is my understanding.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
And also once each time a monster of your colour is killed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spiros Fousteris
Greece
Moschato
Athens
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is how i interpreted and that is how we played it yesterday.

Besides it's my Munchkin,i have the last word :angry::p

Thank you for your answer Wulf.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spiros Fousteris
Greece
Moschato
Athens
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zimeon wrote:
And also once each time a monster of your colour is killed.

Yes,also everytime the Monster Movement Color matches a player's color you draw one more DxM card.

Lots of Deus Ex Munchkin cards!!!!:D:D

That brings me to another question...

Let's say that we have a 3 player game.
Green,red and yellow munchkin.
Monster movement roll...green color.The player with the green munchkin draws a DxM.
If the color was e.g purple,i understand that no one draws a DxM.

But in the same game,on a later turn,when we roll the die in order to determine the ownership of the monster,what happens when the color doesn't match?
Do we keep on rolling until the first available color appears?

If we keep the unmatched color this means that no player will earn a DxM Card when defeating the monster since he doesn't own it.
And then we would have the problem of determining somehow who rolls and plays cards for that monster.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
madspyron wrote:
But in the same game,on a later turn,when we roll the die in order to determine the ownership of the monster,what happens when the color doesn't match?
Do we keep on rolling until the first available color appears?
Yes. Monsters must be "owned" by a player. One of the rules is that there can never be more than 3x (or is it 5x? The number of stands, anyway) the number of monsters as players - when one more appears, the highest level existing monster of that colour is removed to make room.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spiros Fousteris
Greece
Moschato
Athens
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes.
The maximum number of monsters in a game is 3x the number of players

Basically this is the number of bases since there are 3 bases of each color for every player.

So every monster must be owned by someone.
But i can't find anywhere in the rulebook that you need to re-roll if the color doesn't match.

Instead the rules state something else that i think can be twisted around so that it fits this situation.

The rules say that when a color is rolled and there are no bases of that color available,the player that rolled the die can choose the base in which the monster will be placed.(but the chosen player doesn't draw a DxM..)

So instead of ignoring the unmatched colors and re-rolling until a color matches one of the player's colors,the player who rolled can decide( like the no base available-choose the base rule) which color the monster goes into.

I don't know if i am making sense

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Schoonover
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
madspyron wrote:

The rules say that when a color is rolled and there are no bases of that color available,the player that rolled the die can choose the base in which the monster will be placed.(but the chosen player doesn't draw a DxM..)

So instead of ignoring the unmatched colors and re-rolling until a color matches one of the player's colors,the player who rolled can decide( like the no base available-choose the base rule) which color the monster goes into.

You've got it right. If there isn't an available base in the color rolled (either because that color has no player in the game, or all the bases in that color are already in use) then the player that rolled the die chooses the color. And since the die is still showing whatever color was rolled, even though you may have chosen blue, the blue player doesn't get a DxM.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Hasegawa
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Couple of things:
- You always start the turn drawing a DxM card
- If you explore a new room, you draw a DxM card
- When you determine the monster color with the die, if that color is available OR NO bases are available, that player color gets a DxM card OTHERWISE. If there were no bases available, the highest level mob of the color rolled is removed from the game. If the color rolled has no bases, but other bases are available, that player does not get a card.
- When you kill a monster - IF that color is YOURS, you get a DxM card (ie if I am red and kill a yellow monster, yellow does NOT get a DxM card).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.