Popular Tags: [View All]
Staffan Åberg
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Gamers!

I have a few questions, but let me first tell you about my background

I live in a little country which you maybe will mistaken for Switzerland, but I like to call it Sweden. Here we have great ice hockey players, neutral politics and blond good looking girls. Kinda like Switzerland except for the nice girls..

For more information please play Ticket to Ride Nordic Countries

..anyways, here in the north we don't have a lot of variety of games. I myself is very into the different mechanics in games. That is why I love a good dexterity game or games that have special mechanics like Ca$h n' Gun$ or Blokus.

Since there are not that many good game stores in Sweden I buy most of my games here: http://www.unispel.com/catalog/braedspel-c-21.html. They have no delivery costs if you pick them up in Lund where I live

From this site I am planning on getting these games:

Mr. Jack
Robo Rally
TAMSK
Jungle Speed

So here are my questions:

* Are these the games I should buy from my web game store, or any other suggestions?
* Are there any better game stores nearby which I should visit? Copenhagen? North of Germany?
* If you had to remove one of the games above which should it be?
* What kind of game am I missing in my collection?
* Isn't girls in Sweden more good looking than in Switzerland?

That's all folks, thanks for reading so far!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Lundin
Sweden
Åtvidaberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
worldofboardgames is a good online store.

And by the way: pick up Condottiere, Tigris & Euphrates, 2 de Mayo, Cold War: CIA vs KGB. ALL GREAT. laugh

Swedish girls are great. I married one so I know.devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Håkan König
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
* Are these the games I should buy from my web game store, or any other suggestions?
Sure, why not. They look like a good addition to any game collection.
Quote:
* Are there any better game stores nearby which I should visit? Copenhagen? North of Germany?
Copenhagen - maybe. Both Fantask and Faraos Cigarrer have a reasonable selection and you can find real treasures there. At least Fantask usually have a few games all the time on sale where you sometimes can make really good purchases.
North of Germany - absolutely. www.magierspiele.de in Hamburg is the place for on- and semioff-line purchasing of games. That is, they don't have many games in the store, but you can make orders for pickup when you visit there. And once in Germany, just go to any reasonable toy store, galleria (Kaufhof) or similar and you'll find a lot more interesting stuff than you'll ever find in a similar place in Sweden. (check the later half of this geeklist for some stuff I picked up on my last visit to Germany in August)
Oh yes, and before any purchase is made, you should visit www.amazon.de?tag=article-geekdo07-21. They will give you a good indication of what games cost in Germany, and whether it is worthwhile to buy it in Sweden or not. Remember two things about amazon though: 1) you'll pay swedish tax, which means that they will remove the German tax listed on the page (19% confirmed below) and add Swedish tax instead. 2) Shipping is €6 plus tax for Sweden. Cheapest shipping you'll find anywhere in Germany so for small orders it's the best place simply because the shipping is cheap.
Quote:
* If you had to remove one of the games above which should it be?

Not having played Jungle Speed yet, I'd remove TAMSK.
Quote:
* What kind of game am I missing in my collection?

Some heavy train games - Chicago Express, Age of Steam/Steam, 18xx - and maybe a Civilization style game. And since you rate Caylus a 10 I'm surprised that neither Agricola, The Pillars of the Earth, Stone Age nor Le Havre is on your purchase list.
Quote:
* Isn't girls in Sweden more good looking than in Switzerland?

Couldn't say. Never been to Switzerland.

[edit] changed german tax [/edit]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas
Germany
Nagold
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am German and thus biased :) but a lot of the board games originate from Germany. So You might consider buying at the source. Amazon.de ships for a flat 6 Euros - if I am not mistaken - to most of Western Europe and You could get some bargains on the mainstream family and on childrens games.

Examples off the top of my head - check please as amazons prices fluctuate quite a lot:
- Carcassonne 12 Euros
- Beppo der Bock (Kinder-SDJ 2007) 14 Euros
- Settlers of Catan 22 Euros
- Looping Louie (dexterity) 20 Euros.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Pettersson
Sweden
Höllviken
Skåne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you go to Malmö you will find

"Spel på Djäknegatan" located at Djäknegatan 2
and "
Science Fiction Bokhandeln" located at Storgatan 41

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Lantz
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Xeenu wrote:
I am German and thus biased but a lot of the board games originate from Germany. So You might consider buying at the source. Amazon.de ships for a flat 6 Euros - if I am not mistaken - to most of Western Europe and You could get some bargains on the mainstream family and on childrens games.

Examples off the top of my head - check please as amazons prices fluctuate quite a lot:
- Carcassonne 12 Euros

Xeenu is right. Many games are language independent (apart from rules) and shipping with Amazon is only 6€. I by many games from Germany. If you want to buy from Swedish online stores, check www.spelpriser.nu for price comparisons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas
Germany
Nagold
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bolger wrote:
Xeenu wrote:
I am German and thus biased :) but a lot of the board games originate from Germany. So You might consider buying at the source. Amazon.de ships for a flat 6 Euros - if I am not mistaken - to most of Western Europe and You could get some bargains on the mainstream family and on childrens games.

- Carcassonne 12 Euros

Xeenu is right. Many games are language independent (apart from rules) and shipping with Amazon is only 6€. I by many games from Germany. If you want to buy from Swedish online stores, check www.spelpriser.nu for price comparisons.

Thx for the flowers :) I just recommended it for the reasonable shipping costs. And it seems that the "german games" or eurogames are much more expensive in other countries. Perhaps those countries are much richer than our poor fatherland so they can afford it. Who knows. And for german price comparisons You could use http://www.brettspielsuche.de/. BTW I might add that the german VAT tax is 19 % not 17 %. Its included in the prices You see. Just make sure You buy from amazon directly. Their marketplace vendors (like 12-spiel) have their own shipping costs, that might be much higher for the looong distance to Sweden.

For language - most games have no language whatsoever (Carcassonne), some language on the player aids (Zooloretto) and some on the cards (Settlers?, Um Reifenbreite). As a BGG member You have access to rule translations and pasteups so You could check before You buy. Usually its no big deal, I would say that the rules are translated to English for most of the games that You would consider buying. Pasteups or player aids in English are often downloadable too.
You could check the publishers website too. E.g. Queen has rules in french, english etc. for most of their current games to download, so You even have the "original layout".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas
Germany
Nagold
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh and You get such cool titles like "Zauber Stauber" instead of "Techno Witches", "Adel verpflichtet" instead of "Hoity Toity", "Fangfrisch" instead of "Cash-a-Catch"...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Håkan König
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Xeenu wrote:

Thx for the flowers I just recommended it for the reasonable shipping costs. And it seems that the "german games" or eurogames are much more expensive in other countries. Perhaps those countries are much richer than our poor fatherland so they can afford it. Who knows. And for german price comparisons You could use http://www.brettspielsuche.de/. BTW I might add that the german VAT tax is 19 % not 17 %. Its included in the prices You see. Just make sure You buy from amazon directly. Their marketplace vendors (like 12-spiel) have their own shipping costs, that might be much higher for the looong distance to Sweden.
Actually, most of the market place vendors will not send at all to Sweden. I made the mistake of adding a game from 12spiel when I made an order from amazon, and when I was about to check out, I got the message that it wasn't possible to order from them as they did not ship to Sweden. You'll have to go to their own website to get an order shipped to Sweden.

And I've changed the note on German tax above.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Sundqvist
msg tools
Quote:
* Are there any better game stores nearby which I should visit?

World of Boardgames in Umeå has probably the largest amount of games to choose from in Sweden, free shipping if the total sum goes above 2k if I recall correctly.
If you're looking for specific game they don't have I'd advise you to make use of the two following 'search engines':
http://spel.nsson.nu/
http://www.spelpriser.nu/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas
Germany
Nagold
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You mean 2k swedish kronors? Thats around 200 euros. Compared to amazon.de which charges 6 euros shipping flat thats a meager 2 % difference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oskar Dillén
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Staffie wrote:

Mr. Jack
Robo Rally
TAMSK
Jungle Speed

Hi,

Please try this link to compare costs for these four games in several stores:

http://www.spelpriser.nu/ShoppingList/OnTheFly?games=6571,11...

/ Oskar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.