Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tomas Lundin
Sweden
Åtvidaberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

To quote the rule book on terrain hexes:

Walls: Cover; none, or 2 if a Fire Attack crossed the wall as it entered the target hex (not applicable when firing Mortars or Artillery). Do you only get 2 cover when hiding directly behind a wall ( and a wall isn't for instance two hexes away)?

LOS: Obstacle, or Clear if the wall is one of the six hexsides of the sighting or target hex.

I'm reading the rules not having a copy of the game so these questions might seem dumb. LOS would be clear if the target unit had walls on sides that are not directly between the target unit and my firing unit?

Can you fire at a unit hiding behind a wall? I mean it says LOS: Obstacle

Please shed some light on this!blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John McLintock
Scotland
Glasgow
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
badge
"Roll dice and kick ass!"
mbmbmbmbmb
towncrier wrote:

To quote the rule book on terrain hexes:

Walls: Cover; none, or 2 if a Fire Attack crossed the wall as it entered the target hex (not applicable when firing Mortars or Artillery). Do you only get 2 cover when hiding directly behind a wall ( and a wall isn't for instance two hexes away)?

Correct: the wall must be one of the hexsides of the target hex to give cover to unit(s) in that hex.
Quote:
LOS: Obstacle, or Clear if the wall is one of the six hexsides of the sighting or target hex.

I'm reading the rules not having a copy of the game so these questions might seem dumb. LOS would be clear if the target unit had walls on sides that are not directly between the target unit and my firing unit?

Yes, LOS would be clear in the situation you describe. If a wall is a hexside of firing or target hex then it doesn't block LOS into/out of that hex. Otherwise- ie. if the wall is a hexside of a hex somewhere between firing and target hex, then it is an obstacle.[/q]
Quote:
Can you fire at a unit hiding behind a wall? I mean it says LOS: Obstacle

Yes, because a wall isn't an obstacle to LOS to/from the hex in which the wall is a hexside.

Quote:
Please shed some light on this!blush

Hope all this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Haltom
United States
Portsmouth
VA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Being shot at behind a wall gives 2 cover, but clear LOS. Shooting from behind a wall is clear LOS. If neither unit is in the hex with the wall on the appropriate hexside, then the wall becomes an obstacle. It's pretty much the same if a unit is in a building hex. In the hex, LOS is clear. Neither unit in the building hex, then LOS is blocked if it passes through one of the buildings.

Hope this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Haltom
United States
Portsmouth
VA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
John beat me to it, and explained it far better than I. blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Lundin
Sweden
Åtvidaberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Many thanks! It's good to know I can get more Q's clearly answered in this great place!cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.