Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Glen Oakland
Australia
Inman Valley
SA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I want to move my figure say 6 spaces, and on the third space I pass adjacently to an enemy figure, does the enemy get to make a "passing swipe," or is that only if I stop adjacently and then next turn move away?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Paul
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, any time you leave adjacency to an enemy figure, they get a passing swipe. Unless you have disengage or phantom walk or other ability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glen Oakland
Australia
Inman Valley
SA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But what about passing. If I want to pass by an enemy on my move, and have to pass adjacently, does the enemy get a passing swipe?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim O'Neill (Established 1949)
Scotland
Motherwell
Graduate of Barlinnie
flag msg tools
VENI, VIDI, VISA - my reaction on entering my FLGS.
badge
Like a good red wine, I improve with age... and being laid.
mbmbmbmbmb
See above.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glen Oakland wrote:
But what about passing. If I want to pass by an enemy on my move, and have to pass adjacently, does the enemy get a passing swipe?

You are adjacent for that brief moment you're on that space and then you're leaving adjacency so that meets the requirements.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McMahon
United States
West Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Lookee what he can do! He wants a job!
mbmbmbmbmb
TnT! wrote:
Yup, any time you leave adjacency to an enemy figure, they get a passing swipe. Unless you have disengage or phantom walk or other ability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(ʇllıʍ)
United States
Spokane Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Flying is another ability that allows you to pass enemies unscathed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Redden
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Nut'n honey
badge
"One of the key problems today is that politics is such a disgrace, good people don't go into government." - Donald Trump
mbmbmbmbmb
You must stop when adjacency happens and engage in combat (actually, you can continue to move around the engaged enemy as long as adjacency is maintained.) If you decide to leave the combat, then the enemy gets to take a disengagement "swipe" at you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D P
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tmredden wrote:
You must stop when adjacency happens and engage in combat (actually, you can continue to move around the engaged enemy as long as adjacency is maintained.) If you decide to leave the combat, then the enemy gets to take a disengagement "swipe" at you.

You don't need to stop, you can walk around a figure as long as you maintain adjacency. When you leave adjacency you take a swipe

A
2X
3X

Since it's hard to represent hex's in text, assume that player starts at position A, and approaches figure X. They can walk around figure X without stopping, but would take a passing swipe when they move from space 4 to space 5.

You have to stop movement when you step on a glyph or walk into water with your entire base.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glen Oakland
Australia
Inman Valley
SA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everybody.I read the rule "A figure becomes engaged when it moves adjacent to an opponent's figure," as meaning a figure that had previously stopped and then was moving away. Clear as crystal now thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.