Keith Mageau
United States
Summerville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Check out my blog at www.rollingboxcars.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am looking for a company that sells wooden dice towers. I have seen friends bring nice ones back from conventions, but an internet search doesn;t yield me any good results. I am trying to get some ideads together for Christmas list so the wife has some idea of what i want and where to get it.

I would prefer to find a 2 piece wooden tower. I am not interested in the "assemble yourself" type towers. I don;t want to spend a fortune either.

Thanks
Keith

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim Tim TIm TIM TIMMY!!
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vixen Tor Games, makes amaizing ones, he is at GenCon but I am sure you can find him here and order them, he does a lot of Reviews, Matt Drake.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Google is your friend:

http://www.geocities.com/crosstowngames/dicetower.html

http://www.dicetower.20m.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McMahon
United States
West Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Lookee what he can do! He wants a job!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hendal wrote:
Vixen Tor Games, makes amaizing ones, he is at GenCon but I am sure you can find him here and order them, he does a lot of Reviews, Matt Drake.
Another vote for www.vixentorgames.com. I have several of their products and they rock!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Walker
United States
North Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
So many douchebags, so few bullets.
mbmbmbmbmb
jimmcmahon wrote:
Another vote for www.vixentorgames.com. I have several of their products and they rock!

Yes, but all of them (other than Custom ones) appear to be Temporarily Unavailable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McMahon
United States
West Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Lookee what he can do! He wants a job!
mbmbmbmbmb
hatemachine wrote:
jimmcmahon wrote:

Yes, but all of them (other than Custom ones) appear to be Temporarily Unavailable.

True, but:
Modoc wrote:
I am trying to get some ideads together for Christmas list so the wife has some idea of what i want and where to get it.

And the website says that it should be running again by 9/21/09.

Jim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Barrett
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
If you going to be running more than 4 to 6 dice through this at a time, do youself a favor and get a larger sized tower or at least a larger tray at the bottom.

If the tray is too small and you're dropping 10 dice in the tower at a time the last few dice to drop will sometimes bounce off the dice that hit the tray first and send them across the table. When you pick them up and send them down the tower (again) they will sometime change the results of the die sitting in the tray when they drop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Robertson
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
Life is Short; Play Games!
badge
The BixCON Series of gaming events: A combination of Great Friends, Great Food, & Great Drink!
mbmbmbmbmb
jimmcmahon wrote:
Hendal wrote:

Yeppers. Me too. Vixentor gets full recommend from me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dodge
United States
Highland
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want, I can build you one and it will look however you want it to look and be whatever size you want it to be. I build furniture as a side business and can easily build a nice custom dice tower. If you want to see some of my work first you can check out this thread of a game table I finished a week or two ago:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/554266

I might be a little more expensive since I don't mass produce dice towers but I can assure you it will be top quality. Of course price will depend on the materials, design and size.

I built a really basic one for myself out of MDF but will some day make a nicer looking one. Below is a picture of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Rael
United States
Brunswick
Maine
flag msg tools
designer
badge
We see our role as essentially defensive in nature.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just ordered what looks like a beautiful one from:
http://myworld.ebay.com/dungeonwerksga/
Hasn't arrived yet, but thus far the transaction has been excellent. Has anyone else purchased one of these?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maurits
Netherlands
Capelle aan den IJssel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Modoc wrote:
I am looking for a company that sells wooden dice towers. I have seen friends bring nice ones back from conventions, but an internet search doesn;t yield me any good results. I am trying to get some ideads together for Christmas list so the wife has some idea of what i want and where to get it.

I would prefer to find a 2 piece wooden tower. I am not interested in the "assemble yourself" type towers. I don;t want to spend a fortune either.

Thanks
Keith

Lol I wanted to say: Christmas, dude it's summer! :what:

But then I remembered my present is already in the closet.:blush:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Barrett
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
prael wrote:
Hasn't arrived yet, but thus far the transaction has been excellent. Has anyone else purchased one of these?

I have, very nice but too small. See my comment above.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sonnie wrote:

Lol I wanted to say: Christmas, dude it's summer!

But then I remembered my present is already in the closet.blush

A couple years ago I ordered a Christmas present for someone this early. It came by DSL and one of their employees decided to open the box and snatch one of the items along the package's journey. It took over a month for DSL to sort it out and get me a replacement. Ordering early often helps! I've heard of this happening with DSL to other people as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Keith,

Try this link:

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/coachjoemamas-New-Old-Store__W0Q...

I ordered one a while back. It is very nicely made out of solid hardwood and assembled using dove-tail joinery. He also has a selection woods to choose from and they are all reasonably priced.

prael wrote:

Sorry, I just saw your post. You will like what you get. They are very nice. I got tiger-stripe maple with green felt. What did you get?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Muldoon (silentdibs)
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought one of these earlier in the year:
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...
and I am very satisfied. The maker is superfriendly and gave excellent service.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Z.
United States
Marlton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweet jesus...are they NORMALLY that much money? $50 seems...insane.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Muldoon (silentdibs)
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Really nice ones go for much more. If you want nicely crafted wood, that is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dodge
United States
Highland
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Necromancyr wrote:
Sweet jesus...are they NORMALLY that much money? $50 seems...insane.

As a woodworker I can say that $50 is not too much for one of these. But it depends on the materials and the craftsmanship. I could make one of these out of MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard) without felt (like the one pictured in my previous post on this thread) and probably do it for $20-25. But if made out of a good wood (cherry, walnut, mahogany) with good joints then it would easily cost $50 or more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Belgand
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.geekchichq.com/Co_Store/From_The_Labs/From_The_La... sells some rather nice ones in both a portable version ($50 basic/ $75 deluxe) and a ludicrously fabulous erm... less portable version ($85). Limited stock as they just do these sort of accessories as a sideline to producing sickeningly great gaming tables and furniture.

I mean, their ultimate, $8,850 table has full girlfriend approval* if only we had space for it (in San Francisco? Renting? I stand a better chance of affording it than finding space for it) along with a rather nice hybrid table at $1,500 (still well outside of my post-student budget).

The only problem is that if you gaze upon these things they will haunt your dreams forever after with the knowledge of what you cannot have.

*Pending discovery of pirate gold.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Barrett
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
I like that Deluxe one with the ideogram.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Mageau
United States
Summerville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Check out my blog at www.rollingboxcars.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
14cross wrote:
If you want, I can build you one and it will look however you want it to look and be whatever size you want it to be. I build furniture as a side business and can easily build a nice custom dice tower. If you want to see some of my work first you can check out this thread of a game table I finished a week or two ago:

Ok, here's an update. I asked Chris to build me a tower like the one pictured above. I received it last week, but I have to be sneaky about it. My son will be giving it to me for Christmas, at least that what my wife tells me.

The tower is absolutely beautiful. It is cherry wood that was allowed to darken for a day or so before being varnished. The finger joints on the tower itself are a nice little touch I didn't expect. All in all this is a great tower and it will sit handsomely on my gaming table for years to come.

Notice the finger joint

Majestically standing

The crenelations are just cool

Chris, this is awesome craftsmanship! Thank you!

Keith
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.