Kenny VenOsdel
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So as the story goes, this January I am officially leaving the US to do 13 months of community development volunteer work in Uganda, an excellent country in the heart of Africa. I have been there a few times before and am excited to spend time working along side some of the friends I have previously made.

Anyways....

Since this is a missions/service trip I am attempting to raise the necessary funds to pay for my trip. Since boardgaming is an increasing love of mine, that I will be taking a general hiatus from until I return, I was thinking of how to include it in the fundraiser.

My basic idea is to organize a raffle. Each 5 dollars you donate earns you one entry into the raffle. Depending on the amount of entries, two winners will be drawn randomnly with first place getting a 75 dollar gift receipt to an online game store and 2nd place getting 25 dollars or something like that.

Anyone have any thoughts on how to organize this? Or if this would even be possible or people have interest?

All proceeds would fund my trip. And yes I am working for a non-profit organization, Mission: Moving Mountains, and I do have a certified sending agency, Global Horizons, Inc.

PLease post ideas or comments, this is something I'd really like to do if possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim Tim TIm TIM TIMMY!!
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maybe see if you can have people donate games to raffle off, and you can raffle off a few games your self, so there are more then 2 winners, so that you get all the $ for your trip ( meaning the $100 in certificates is not needed ).

I think it could work, not sure how?

If you get some good games in there, people will want to help out and get a chance at the game(s).

Good Luck

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.