Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean Carrick
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just curious if the value of the older editions of Age of Steam are still desired now that it's getting reprinted, as well as Steam & Railways of the World.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher M
United States
Flowood
MS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Directly after the reprint, I bought a 2nd edition Warfrog copy off ebay for less than my 3rd edition copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Pennington
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
If your orange juice doesn't burn on the way down, then you need more vodka!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think if Steam would not have been successful, the 2nd edition would still fetch a fair price as I know many people including myself prefer the 1st and 2nd edition to the 3rd edition.

It isn't even a contest for me, I got rid of my 3rd edition within a week of getting it yuk

I would think in an auction here on BGG it might fetch $50-60.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
BrenoK wrote:
It's curious to see that the price for many copies in the marketplace seem unaware of the fact that FRED does not price-fix their games anymore.

Perhaps FRED's prices were in fact market value?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Springer
United States
Brooklyn
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After 3rd edition came out, I was able to pick up a sealed copy of 1st edition off ebay for around $20.

(I already have 2nd edition, I just wanted a backup copy in case anything ever happens to it and I prefer 1/2 to 3)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.