Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Stoner
United States
East Lansing
Michigan (MI)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love Arkham Horror, but the first board I ever played on had a green layout. I assume this was a first run of the boards when it was released. I of course own the yellow board edition, but I really preferred the green board. Anyone know where I can get my hands on one of those nifty green boards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaadd Powell
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The 'spooky Arkham' was only the first printing. It was lightened up to make it easier to read, after feedback. Some people prefer the older board, some people really want the newer sepia tone board that will match all the expansions.

The artwork is exactly the same, as is all the text, the image was just desaturated in certain color areas.

Thanks for playing,
Thaadd Powell
Customer Service
Fantasy Flight Games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunther Schmidl
Austria
Linz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I have a spare copy; I'll gladly send it to you for the cost of shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
THAADD!!! Is that a picture of you? I've always wondered what you look like, and love the support you provide for FFG

And just to throw in my 2cents, I also preferred the darker board, and am glad I bought a 1st printing of this game

My only regret is that it doesn't match my expansion boards. Oh well, I still have a cooler, evil Arkham, if not a lighter, fall-toned Kingsport

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Stoner
United States
East Lansing
Michigan (MI)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info Thaadd. I just liked the green color better and definitely acknowledge that there was no difference in flavor, I just liked the color better. Glad to hear from you though .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Stoner
United States
East Lansing
Michigan (MI)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gschmidl wrote:
I have a spare copy; I'll gladly send it to you for the cost of shipping.

Wow.. I dont read much of the forums here, kind of a lurker, but suffice it to say you are the man . I figured this was gonna be one of those really awesome communities, and I just cant get my hands on enough boardgames these days . Thanks a ton, please PM me your info and we can start the exchange .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaadd Powell
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, that is an (old) picture of me. Not the best, as well, I'm not the man. I'm the woman

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
THAADD!!! Is that a picture of you? I've always wondered what you look like, and love the support you provide for FFG

And just to throw in my 2cents, I also preferred the darker board, and am glad I bought a 1st printing of this game

My only regret is that it doesn't match my expansion boards. Oh well, I still have a cooler, evil Arkham, if not a lighter, fall-toned Kingsport

-shnar

Shnar, you're crazy, go back to watching your 3rd ed. SH box and try to peel the shrink-wrap with your mind !

I'm glad I have the newer, lighter board. Put it next to the DH board and the DH board looks like it has been separated at birth, the coloring matches so nicely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey! I love Arkham Horror as well

Hell, I love /most/ of the FFG games. I just wish I could get my Doom dice replaced with engraved dice instead of printed dice.

And in addition to Space Hulk, I'm looking forward to Descent: The Sea of Blood on Christmas morning too!

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
badge
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the older darker board and much prefer the look of it to the sepia one, but it's falling to bits from over-use... Some day soon I'm gonna have to invest in a newer edition just to get a decent usable board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Stoner
United States
East Lansing
Michigan (MI)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got the board in the mail. 6 cheers (cause 3 just aint enough) for Gunther. I love this community, what a good bunch of salt of the earth people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.