Brazil
São Paulo
SP
flag msg tools
All engines full to awesome land!
badge
*tap* *tap* Is this thing on?
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm logged at rpg.geekdo.com and it is not carrying over to boardgamegeek.com although it is copied to boardgame.geekdo.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
This is happening to me too. Logged in on www.geekdo.com, which carries over to boardgame.geekdo.com and rpg.geekdo.com, but not boardgamegeek.com. I just started noticing it this weekend.

I can stay logged on with two different accounts simultaneously this way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I have the same problem; if I'm logged into boardgamegeek.com, and someone has a link that includes one of the geekdos, I follow it and am suddenly not logged in as a user!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's really hard to fix. Your login state is stored in a cookie which is restricted to a domain (the one you were logged in at) and the browser _will not_ give that cookie to a page from a different domain. The only way around this is to have a separate common login site with javascript hackiness that notices you are really logged in and fills out a new cookie for each domain you use. This is difficult and really hard to get right.

A much better solution would be to have the BGG renderer ensure that all URLs and links in forum posts were rewritten to be on the site you are currently viewing.

B>

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
[Que Manuel from Fawlty Towers] Is not a problem! Is not a problem! [/Manuel]

This means that both Melissa and I can be logged on to the Geek at the same time, one via BGG and one via GEEKDO. Very useful when you are travelling OS and only have one computer with access to teh Internet cool

Well except for that you are in one domain and the link is the other domain bit and suddenly you are making comments as your spouse...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A vastly better solution is to have either multiple user accounts on the machine (trivial on a mac, fiddly on a PC) or to simply use two different web browsers. (I typically use 4 of them most days)

Quote:
Well except for that you are in one domain and the link is the other domain bit and suddenly you are making comments as your spouse...

And this is why sanitising links would be a really good thing.

B>

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
thepackrat wrote:
... or to simply use two different web browsers. (I typically use 4 of them most days)
Yeah but then you get the fights over who gets to use IE

For some reason Firefox had major issues on this one internet capable laptop we have with us at the moment, so it is Chrome or IE at the moment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.