Popular Tags: [View All]
Arthur chang
United States
TUSTIN
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe it was a very very low production run like I had guessed in my initial estimate from the case/carton box labels...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The coolest best thing I have ever done in my life is being a father
badge
The Dread Pirate Caleb!! (age 2)
mbmbmbmbmb
Never have I been so glad that I got mine than now.

*edit* Oh, and let the mad scrambling for the remaining quantities plus the eBay gouging....BEGIN!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm happy I got my copy too. My FLGS also has a copy, not sure if I should grab a second one or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I pity the Christmas shoppers... It will be rough to find a copy of this at a reasonable price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Martins
Brazil
flag msg tools
UndeadViking wrote:
*edit* Oh, and let the mad scrambling for the remaining quantities plus the eBay gouging....BEGIN!!!

You can say that again... a couple went for 150$ this morning (although the last I followed went for 118$ + 10 shipping).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zuviel wrote:
I'm happy I got my copy too. My FLGS also has a copy, not sure if I should grab a second one or not.

Do it. In a year will you be happier with the money or the fact that you have 2 Space Hulks on your shelf.

Plus then you can play a 4 player game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mb
Knowing that this was going to happen I bought the one at the FLGS yesterday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ŁṲÎS̈
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
F*** it! Do it LIVE!
badge
Didn't know what to spend all this sweet GG on, so I bought the overtext.
mbmbmbmbmb
rcbevco wrote:
Knowing that this was going to happen I bought the one at the FLGS yesterday.

Same here

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Belgand
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can see the mentality of wanting a second copy for a variety of reasons, but with something limited like this I'd say that it's far more polite to let it be. What's best for the gaming community: having that game on your shelf (be it as a collectible, source of replacement parts, or in order to hack together four-player games) or letting someone else who really wants a copy get their hands on it?

Kind of like concert tickets. When the Smashing Pumpkins played a set of shows locally two years ago tickets sold out in under a minute for about nine shows with tickets limited to two per purchase. Some people had bought tickets to multiple shows and were trying to trade extra tickets so they could manage to see almost every night while the vast majority weren't even lucky enough to get a single ticket.

When you're dealing with a high demand, limited quantity like this it's best to just take your one copy and be happy with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ebon Hawk
United States
Janesville
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On the other hand, if your area has a bunch that are not purchased, selling them on ebay gets them to people who do not have a copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Belgand
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Petronius wrote:
On the other hand, if your area has a bunch that are not purchased, selling them on ebay gets them to people who do not have a copy.

I'd say it's one thing to pick up a copy and send it, at cost, to a friend, another BGG member, or similar, but just open sale on eBay seems... unsavoury to me. Either you're turning a profit on it and doing it to scalp or you're depriving your local gaming community (and yourself of someone to play with). Regardless, I'd say it's best to just let the store sell it in that case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I can see the mentality of wanting a second copy for a variety of reasons, but with something limited like this I'd say that it's far more polite to let it be.

You have a fair point but tell that to the guy who posted on here a while back who spilt his fizzy pop over the game tiles & I am sure there will be other horror stories. My back up copy is there for just such an occasion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Belgand
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As I said, I understand (even if I don't have anything approaching the money to buy two copies...), I'm almost afraid to take my minis off the sprues and unpunching the cardboard was a harrowing ordeal of worrying that I was about to tear something. I already saw a tile that needs a bit of glue to prevent it from delaminating.

I get nervous if someone leaves a drink a few inches too close to the edge of a table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
As I said, I understand (even if I don't have anything approaching the money to buy two copies...), I'm almost afraid to take my minis off the sprues and unpunching the cardboard was a harrowing ordeal of worrying that I was about to tear something. I already saw a tile that needs a bit of glue to prevent it from delaminating.

I get nervous if someone leaves a drink a few inches too close to the edge of a table.

LOL this stage of the game is more tense than the first mission & everyone can die of thirst before they put a drink on the same table as my copy of SH..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve R Bullock
United States
Palm Coast
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Belgand wrote:

One of my game buddies looked too hard at my copy of Space Hulk and I had to b*tch slap him to remind him to go easy on the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Belgand
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chimaera wrote:

LOL this stage of the game is more tense than the first mission & everyone can die of thirst before they put a drink on the same table as my copy of SH..

I'm not even talking about a drink near a game... just the threat of an imminent spill. Minor, everyday incidents bring out my paranoia in a way that bigger threats never seem to.

Of course, my hand is just finally healing from trying to clean a glass where I saw a hairline fracture in it and decided to clean it anyway. Must have failed an INT check.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry
United States
Elkridge
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Living the Dream!
mbmbmbmbmb
It may be sold out online, but there were over 35 copies at a local GW store as of Sunday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Adams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb

Well, as soon as it became apparent that copies were selling like hot cake, amazon UK put their price up from nearly £90 to £150. Apart from the fact that we are thinking of Christmas present soon after Easter ( in England anyway), those who have bought more than one copy will be asking for much more as we get nearer the 25th Of December. They will sell their copies and go buy a Merc or have a holiday in Bermuda , Nice...hey, that is what is called Capitalism !

There is no way that this game is going to sell for less than £200 minimum in a very short time.

For those who are hesitating, buy while the price is, at the present moment, "low"

Regards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
Style Over Substance
badge
"In loving memory of Mariel."
mb
Just got mine in the mail from GW US (US to Japan Fed Ex $30!). The box it came in was a just fit... The sprues inside had dented the actual box of the game (sort of like the figs were all despirately clawing their way out during shipping)... One fig popped from the sprue (marine kicking some genestealers in in transit--understandable)... The plastic on the tiles were scratched open, but no big deal because it's the backs of the tiles that got scratched... And now everything's out of the box, unwrapped, losing the smell of plastic in exchange for the country air of Japan...

Oh, hell, YES. Tonight. After work. I don't care how long it takes. It will all come together. In the meantime, I have a rulebook to read; a mission book. And if, during the course of the day a few more parts get liberated... a front, a back... a marine completed (Where the hell did I put my sprue cutter? My outlet converter for my Dremel charger?), maybe a genestealer to kick around...

Roar in triumph on the inside because the students are watching and wondering what the hell it is that's in the box and making me... giggle.

GW, we've had our ups and downs, but, damn, thank you for this re-release!

Rock on!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Austin
Australia
Townsville
Queensland
flag msg tools
designer
1- 2- 3- 4!- A- A- 5!
badge
110% Rally
mbmbmbmbmb
Already sold my second copy (without profit) as I couldn't stand to see the agony on the face of a friend who missed out. I only bought the second copy to play megabig games and I should still be able to do that!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fritz Mulnar
Germany
Berlin
not Bavaria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i am sure ther will be another print run. latest next beginning-middle year. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Belgand
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gversace wrote:
It may be sold out online, but there were over 35 copies at a local GW store as of Sunday.

Yeah, I popped into a my LGS tonight before board game night down the block and they had three or four copies sitting out between the counter and the GW/minis area... not in the huge section of board games when you enter the store (though I didn't really look, I might have just missed it). Not just on display either, but with an old, slightly beat-up 1st edition box and a little sign pointing out how it's "the new hotness".

superjosef wrote:
i am sure ther will be another print run. latest next beginning-middle year. :shake:

It feels like this might be the lead-in to a bigger release, but I'm still trusting GW that they won't do it. How long exactly did they keep this out-of-print until now? That's, along with it's mythic status, is what caused the current demand.

Besides, the only way to make a new printing and not piss off a ton of people is if it's a cheaper, lower-quality release... and that would still annoy a lot of us who felt it was overly expensive (not exactly over-priced, because you sure got a lot for your money, but we'd have preferred a cheaper version).

Maybe the best option (both for players and profits) would have been to release the game with punch-out stand-ups for the characters and release a separate -- and likely quite pricey -- limited-edition miniatures pack with all the plastic in it. A huge pain to inventory, ship and deal with, but possibly quite a valid business strategy.

Oh no... what have I unleashed!?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fritz Mulnar
Germany
Berlin
not Bavaria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i dont know how Okko: Era of the Asagiri whith its kin fares, but yes, thats a splendid idea.

but i fear, gw does not want the risk of players experiencing the wonderful orgasms of gaming without tons of their miniatures.
and i really liked their minis once. until i wanted a vampire and couldnot find one without wings the size of three vampires and blades (bladeSSSS) the size of the vampire itself, easily swinging them around.

it is cool, but has its limits, this mini thingy.
imagine gmt publishing spacehulk... oh, they wold get golden...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. Urza, PhD of Dungeon Crawl
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't get the whole "limited" thing. If people want more, why wouldn't they make more? The marginal cost of another print run (or three) can't be more than what the first one cost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Belgand wrote:
I can see the mentality of wanting a second copy for a variety of reasons, but with something limited like this I'd say that it's far more polite to let it be. What's best for the gaming community: having that game on your shelf (be it as a collectible, source of replacement parts, or in order to hack together four-player games) or letting someone else who really wants a copy get their hands on it?

If someone REALLY wanted to get their hands on a copy, they had ample oppurtunity. I don't feel bad about having two copies in the slightest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.