Subject: A three player version rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
Life lesson: Hamsters are NOT diswasher safe.
badge
There are 10 types of people-- those who understand binary, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
Tally Ho has become the game of choice, in our group, to begin the game night with. However we would cut down on the time left for other games if the three of us played a complete game, each against the other.
So we've arrived at this variant.
It still means that one person cannot play while the other two battle it out (and it's tough to stay neutral, or to not offer hints when you're the observer) but since a round is only one half of normal game, it doesn't seem too bad.

Not rocket science; we merely use the "round-robin"/ each player plays one half of one game against the other, and then the total combined score is the winner. If the three players are A, B, and C, it goes this way:

Round 1: A (playing bears/ foxes) vs. B (playing hunters/ lumberjacks). Player C watches.

Round 2: A (playing hunters/ lumberjacks) vs. C (playing bears/ foxes). Player B watches.

Round 3: B (playing bears/ foxes) vs. C (playing hunters/ lumberjacks). Player A watches.

It works rather well.

We did it last night:

Round One
Me (hunters) 81 Duane (animals) 27.......It was a wipe-out!

Round Two
Me (animals) 41 Scott (hunters) 36.......A close one...

Round Three
Duane (hunters) 21 Scott (animals) 47.......Duane was having some bad luck this eve.

Final scores: Me- 122..(81 + 41)
................Scott-..83..(36 + 47)
..............Duane-..48..(27 + 21)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Ferguson
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the great idea. My daughter (7) loves this game. But, then my wife is left out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.