United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
AAGH! YOU'RE TOUCHING ME!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey! In case some of you haven't heard, the economy still kinda sucks. People are being fired and budgets are being cut. So when the nice IT person says you don't need three 20" monitors because your 17"s are just fine for your job, maybe don't argue.

Nooo... not this person (a manager). They prefer the 'I'll just go talk to (insert VP name here) and see what they have to say' approach. My guess is the VPs all hate this person too and simply want them to go away, so they just say yes. Then even thought it goes against every procedure we have in place for hardware allocation, this person gets what they want.

That alone is enough to make me loathe them, but now I get to go install one of the new 20" monitors into this person's office at which point they will gloat about 'all I had to do was call (insert VP name here) and they agreed I was right and actually need this hardware, you shouldn't have argued with me.'

So if I vanish and this is my last post, it's because I have killed this person with my bare hands and am likely rotting in prison.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Kice
United States
Shorewood
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I had to support that user, their desktop would magically become really unreliable all of a sudden.

"Really - missing Boot.ini? What a strange error! I guess we'll have to reimage your machine."

"Wow - your iTunes became corrupt? That's a real bummer. I guess you'll have to reinstall. I hope you have backups of all your music!"

devil

Don't mess with IT. We can screw with your head in oh-so-many different ways...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Abreu
Portugal
flag msg tools
MAISON ABREU: Lair of Abreu, you know, that guy below. Do not mistake this for other Maisons or Houses or even Abreus.
badge
I do look good on this chair, dont I?
mbmbmbmbmb
cold_fuzion wrote:

So if I vanish and this is my last post, it's because I have killed this person with my bare hands and am likely rotting in prison.

Dont do it like that. Here I will let use this:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I love my 30" monitor. cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
June King
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
Bring me her heart in this box.
mbmbmbmbmb
What? No snappy comeback about losers who find it necessary to name-drop and step on others to get things they're not entitled to. At least throw down verbally before you kill this person. Rebuke them for their petty and selfish behavior.

Even better. Set it all up, then sneak back in and unhook it. They'll call the help desk. Then sneak back in and reconnect it. Then IT can report the person for wasting everyone's time and being a clueless idiot. So as not to incriminate yourself, get the others who have been trodden on by said person to help you. Teamwork!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
cold_fuzion wrote:

That alone is enough to make me loathe them, but now I get to go install one of the new 20" monitors into this person's office at which point they will gloat about 'all I had to do was call (insert VP name here) and they agreed I was right and actually need this hardware, you shouldn't have argued with me.'

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
amwiles wrote:

I love my 30" monitor. cool

soblue

Yeah, but I don't own it. I believe you probably own yours.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
Whew, glad the thread title wasn't aimed at me. I was getting ready to head for me secret hiding place.

It's funny how fairness feels so important. My computer is 6 years old. My monitor is a single 17". I could get by with what I have, but somehow when I see a coworker with multiple huge monitors and a spiffy new computer, and I know that they don't need these things any more than I do...I know it's childish, but all the same that makes me want to try to get these things too. I try to fight the urge to ask for the spiffy hardware that some coworkers people have. It's easier because some coworkers do have even crappier systems than mine. So I'll wait until my hardware is completely obsolete, then put in what is (in my opinion) a reasonable upgrade request and hope I get it.

I guess this is offtopic, but to get back to the point: You will have my blessings as you kill the twit who hassled everybody else just so that they could have the greatest and bestest system in their cubicle farm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Dontanville
United States
Charlottesville
VA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
Here we are folks, the dream we all dream of.
mbmbmbmbmb
This isn't about the 2 penises thing, is it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sisteray wrote:
This isn't about the 2 penises thing, is it?
This is about the 'the rules don't apply to me because I whine louder than everyone else' thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kendrick Martin
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
amwiles wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
amwiles wrote:

I love my 30" monitor. :cool:

:soblue:

Yeah, but I don't own it. I believe you probably own yours.

Who needs a monitor? I just stick the cables in my eye and get the raw feeds.

Infinite resolution baby!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
mbmbmbmbmb
cold_fuzion wrote:

Well everyone gets one free murder... so who knows.

-DK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, then you have to remember to argue more vehemently every time you see this person just to make their life more difficult...and make sure to find some other "malfunctions" while you're doing the installation.

Also, if you do have murderous intent:

You could always leave some bare wires inside the case in contact with the frame; I hear electrocutions are back in style this season.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Dahlstrom
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
(This is a picture of a frozen waterfall, from behind the waterfall)
mbmbmbmbmb
wmshub wrote:
somehow when I see a coworker with multiple huge monitors and a spiffy new computer, and I know that they don't need these things any more than I do...

What about going in to every office/cube on the person's hallway, saying "Oh, sorry, I've got a 20" monitor here for XXX, thought this was his office."

Everyone else probably knows he's a jerk, but needling the point home could be fun...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What I want to know is what happens/who gets the 17 inch monitors?

'Cause the one I have at home *cough* *cough* 15 inches - is on its last legs.

kiss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EgorjLileli wrote:
What I want to know is what happens/who gets the 17 inch monitors?

'Cause the one I have at home *cough* *cough* 15 inches - is on its last legs.

kiss
They go back into inventory, they'll get used when an existing 17" fries.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
the difference between a "crowd" and a "mob" is one push
mbmbmbmbmb
Remember, the old style monitors are freakin' capacitors. Leave him one of those, but with the panels all exposed. There should be enough juice there to fry an elephant. Not that anyone should do that, and certainly not to an asshole. I'm, of course, just speaking hypothetically (as former computer tech).

Actually I am surprised this one never made it on any of the CSI shows. It's so damned easy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
...but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind,
badge
...and reaching forth unto those things which are before,...
mbmbmbmb
It's at points like these that I remind myself that without users I don't have a job. Well, users and Microsoft bugs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Sherman
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
cold_fuzion wrote:
...now I get to go install one of the new 20" monitors into this person's office at which point they will gloat about 'all I had to do was call (insert VP name here) and they agreed I was right and actually need this hardware, you shouldn't have argued with me.'

Yeah, that's why you never win telling users no. Now you get to go back with your tail between your legs and do it anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hopefully becoming a restaurant owner soon! Peter Melanson
Canada
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Take his chair apart, stuff a bunch of shrimp into any place you can hide it.

They will NEVER figure out where the stench is coming from.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.