BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Help me find a thread please! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Stevenson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
A couple of weeks ago there was post regarding something about collating old White Dwarf magazines into an archive. I've searched but have come up empty, can anybody point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you try in the Space Hulk Forum itself?

With it being the 'hot topic', it may have been in there and I don't think the 'game specific' forums always show up in general searches. (although I could ver well be wrong).

Are you looking for where the archives are at? GW started offering White Dwarves archives on their site. I'm not sure how far they go back.

I had one bookmarked, but I just went and looking and the site is now dead.

Good Hunting and Happy Gaming,

Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Stevenson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi Mike

I was probably a bit too vague in my post! It wasn't anything to do with Space Hulk, it was White Dwarf magazine itself.

From what I remember of the thread, someone was trying to compile every issue of White Dwarf into some sort of definitive archive resource but they were missing a few issues, mainly early ones up to issue 27ish. I think they were wanting to get them submitted as scans rather than buying them (I could be wrong!).

The reason I'm searching for it is because I stumbled across a copy of issue 25 from 1981 that someone gave me a few years back and thought I could help with their quest.

I've trawled back through a couple of months of threads to see if I recognised it but have had no luck so thought I'd throw it out to the BGG clan for help!

Cheers

Andrew
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No,

Sorry I understood that.

But, the topic had to come up somewhere. I figured because the space hulk is currently where most of the 'activity' is surrounding GW that it might have come up there. Especially in all those threads about old WD missions and if they can be used and how to find them.

I didn't think it would be under General Gaming and was just trying to give you some alternative places to look for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Stevenson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Oh right! Just me being thick then.

There's a new Space Hulk out? BGG kept that one quiet!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gwen
Belgium
oost-vlaanderen
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Is this the one you are looking for ?

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/439784
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aaaaaahhhhh,

I forgot that I saw people adding them to RPGeek.

Log into the geekdo domain if you aren't using that one and switch to RPG. Then you can search for White Dwarf under items and you can add any that aren't there.

I love my quickbar, so I'm still using the boardgamegeek domain.

*edit*

I also don't think of WDs as being a RPG source, but that's a different discussion

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Stevenson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
That explains it then! I've got Geekdo set up but out of habit, I keep logging on to the plain BGG site as it's mostly boardgames I look at and don't think to change it!

The issue of White Dwarf I've got mainly has AD&D and Traveller articles in it so I can see why it's been RPG Geeked instead. It tended to be the later ones that had all the boardgames appearing around 84-85 I seem to remember. I still have Chaos Marauders and a few others from back then too.

Gwen - thanks for locating that elusive thread for me, you're a star!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.