Paul Norell
New Zealand
AUCKLAND
flag msg tools
mbmb
How is the situation resolved if Bavarians are forced to retreat into a space occupied by Imperialists (or vice versa)? I am assuming there are no more than eight units in total and that the Maximilian card has not yet been played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt & Laurel
United Kingdom
Harrogate
flag msg tools
mb
Hi Paul,

Have a look at this thread (particularly the 5th post):

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/225523

The relevant section in that post quotes information dug up on Consimworld:

In game play you can also see the odd situation of a Bavarian army being eliminated for lack of a retreat route if it's only path is blocked by an Imperial army. Although this is painfully counter-intuitive it does lead a Catholic player to avoid having his Bavarian and Imperial stacks too much in the same proximity unless there is little threat of a Protestant army driving one onto the other.

Hence the Bavarians and Imperial forces tend to operate a little at arm's length.

As I stated in the aforementioned thread, I think this is a terrible rule, but each to their own.

I hope that helps,

Matt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rubin
United States
Trenton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
"It may be doubted whether so small a number of men ever employed so short a space of time with greater or more lasting effects upon the history of the world.” — Sir George Otto Trevelyan on the Battles of Trenton and Princeton
mbmbmbmbmb
yankeezulu wrote:
Hence the Bavarians and Imperial forces tend to operate a little at arm's length.

As I stated in the aforementioned thread, I think this is a terrible rule, but each to their own.

Design for effect. And a far less severe one than a Corps passing through the rear of a Front and putting 5 Armies OOS, as in Paths of Glory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Norell
New Zealand
AUCKLAND
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thank you for that. Forewarned is forearmed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.