Jeff Mays
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, so I do not get to buy many boardgames and these three seem to keep calling me. All three look interesting, but reality is I will probably only be getting one (for the time being). So, here is what I am thinking for the moment...

Endeavor: Okay, I am kind of a fan of Z-Man. I have Pandemic, 1960: The Making of the President, & Traders of Osaka and I really enjoy all three. Looking over the rules, Endeavor seems another strong Z-Man game.

Cuba: It has been compared (good & bad) to Puerto Rico which I love. Seems to have gameplay I would like, though still on the fence as to whether or not it is the one.

Homesteaders: Okay, I like that it's coming from a small publisher (who is awesome enough to offer people a chance to win this and Terra Prime, as well as giving me 5 GG for siging up for a newsletter thumbsup ). Also, watching the video of basic gameplay, it looks really good! Or am I just hoping it looks really good?

Also, is there something else out there I should consider? Okay, small confession, one of the reasons I wanted to post this thread is that in similiar threads (What!?! This isn't an original idea? surprise ) I usually find out about 2 or 3 other games I had not known about before, games which I would also like to have, but cannot afford. (And this is enjoyable? ).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph T
United States
Signal Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If it's Zman, how about Ubongo or Ubongo Das Duell? They should be the best two player offerings from Zman (other than Agricola) other than the ones you have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Mays
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Which brings up a good, but perhaps strange, point. I do really like Z-Man games and Agricola is a Z-Man game AND the #1 rated here on BGG, and yet, I really don't think I would care for it and have little desire to try it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph T
United States
Signal Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, try before you own at least. How about Chinatown? It's pricey but good z-man stuff. I don't know if you have a negotiation game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Booth
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Endeavor!

Check out the play by forums games going on right now (there are six as well as an analysis thread) to get a pretty good idea of the gameplay (lots of discussion about strategy too) One of the designers, Jarrat Gray is even in one of them. And he just posted rules for a 2 player variant.

My main reason for recommending it is that it has so much replayability. I've owned Cuba for about a month and still haven't gotten around to it, but I've played Endeavor 5 times in as many days (and I'm just about to start another). Each time I've pursued a vastly different strategy and it is always a close game. Yesterday's game came to 48-49-50(me)-52.

Trust me, you'll love it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.