Popular Tags: [View All]
John Crawford
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I have played this game for a few years, though recently we haven't been playing anything. We've been getting back into gaming though and so last weekend I organized all my games together onto shelves in the garage. A couple days later, I realized I was missing a couple, and so after a little searching I found them, and among them was Carcassonne: H&G, which when my wife noticed, she said to leave out so we could play later.

Later came and my daughter (8yo) wanted to play. So I explained the rules to her and considered not playing with the fishing huts in order to simplify gameplay for the first time, however my wife overruled me and said we're playing full rules.

Game starts and I go first, followed by daughter, and then wife. Since this was my daughter's first time playing, I helped her out in showing her alternate tile placement and strategies, some of which she ends up using, but sometimes she just plays her own way. Since she's new to the game, I didn't want to try and take over anything she was trying to claim, however that didn't keep my wife and I from going after each other. Unfortunately, due to my distractions of watching my daughter's moves, I failed to notice a couple times when my wife managed to take over my areas.

In the end, I still managed to win, with my wife in 2nd and daughter in 3rd. I am sure my daughter would be willing to play again. For my wife and I, it was odd to play with 3 people since we're used to playing with 2 players. Having a third (even when they aren't aggressive) changes things. It was interesting in the end to see where the meeples were placed, since both my wife's and mine were scattered in the same area, with my daughter's all off in a separate area.

In our next game, I'll try to get her to pay attention to the entire tile surface when looking for moves, instead of just looking at the side closest to her.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Waters
Australia
Adelaide
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Nice session report mate - good one!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.