Agricola: Through the Seasons» Forums » Rules

Subject: What varies from one phase to the next? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Walz
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
1. Are the worker spots always available when in season?

2. Do you always do the +/- for the current season when placing resources?

3. Do the spots that are affected always affected (not including the fishing hole which I know is available after round 11)?

I know these are basic questions, but It seemed to state that some thing only apply in phase 1 and phase 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
Always. Phase 2 is the replenishment phase of each round. I know, the terminology in Agricola isn't the best. The game consists of 14 rounds, grouped into 6 stages. Each round consists of 4 phases: new action card, replenishment, taking actions, return of the workers.

Edit: Typos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Walz
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
That makes sense. I got stage and phase confused. Thanks, for clearing it up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
bobsted wrote:
That makes sense. I got stage and phase confused. Thanks, for clearing it up.

No wonder: stages aren't called stages in the rulebook, but game phases (at least in German). I was also very confused the first time I read the rules. Also, during playtests Uwe made the mistake to say "phase 1" instead of "phase 2" and for some time I've played that you first adjust the resource fields and then replenish them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.