Subject: Modular Monopoly? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David O'Neal
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmb
If you could rearrange the spaces (i.e. put Boardwalk in between Baltic Avenue and St. James Place, place the four railroads next to each other, put the utilities next to Go, swap the location of Go To Jail and Free Parking), how would it be different?

Would it be different good or different bad?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristopher Hubisz
msg tools
Aside from confusing long-time Monopoly players, it would change strategy. In the real game you have to decide if you want to buy Indiana Avenue, or hang on to your cash hoping to land on Boardwalk. There are also frequency tables for earnings per property, which properties are most landed on, etc. that would be changed. I like the game the way it is, so in my opinion moving the properties around would be a bad change. You could always draw up a board and playtest it yourself to find out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David O'Neal
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmb
Actually, it looks like Hasbro beat me to it: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/66198/monopoly-u-buil...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.