Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shawn Parker
United States
Rapid City
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Our group has been a fairly regularish weekly group of a Chaos Warrior, Bretonian Knight, Halfling Thief and Wizard. We just last week hit battle level 10 and managed to get in a few 10th level dungeons in all their glory. I played the halfling thief who at this point defied all laws of halfing physics in living since level 1 dungeon 1.

This particular dungeon was a quest for the usual non-descript legendary artifact. We ran into a few emperor dragons, a few greater daemons but nothing we couldn't handle with a little foresight and planning.

The interesting part came in the objective room where we spawned a large horde of undead, an Emporer Dragon, a lord of change and a giant. This normally would be daunting but well within reason however using my own (begin shameless plug) monster magic items table that can be found in the files section (end shameless plug) the lord of change ended up with The Black Gem of Gnar. This little beauty moved both the halfling and the greater daemon into a singles combat in another dimension until one or the other was defeated.

My first instinct was to pray to whatever halfing god had gotten me this far. Then the greater daemon of Tzeentch rolled on his chaos magic and dealt a bit of damage AND increased his attacks to 26!

My second instinct was to promptly pray to the dark god of dice that the poor halfling would be able to 'magic lunchbox' his way out of certain doom! His mass of items that he had acquired through the five finger discounts came into full effect however and he (barely) survived the onslaught of carnage.

Next it was the lucky, plucky heroes turn. It was obvious that he could not withstand another barrage of 26 attacks without loaded dice (really have to pick up a wholesale deal on those) so he unleashed every dirty trick in the book. After a barrage of attacks with a daemon bane sword, a few unmodifiable magic item bonuses the daemon was down to only a handful of wounds. Trusting that Tzeentch would not shine down his blessing on his own avatar the halfing fired of his 'Death by Chocolate' spell. the lord of change fell to two lousey dice rolls failing both his dispel and resistance check and leaving the halfing to eat another day.

Of course the halfing popped back into his own dimension just in time to watch the rest of the party moping up the objective room's other denizens. We all knew that Tzeentch hung down his head in shame that day while the halflings of the moot had a new (albeit short) hero!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikkel Øberg
Denmark
Virum
flag msg tools
badge
Ahh, you found me... Run!
mbmbmbmbmb
Great post, made me miss WQ even more than I usually do on a Thursday.

Now, how much XP would that Halfing God be? devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Brunet
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's exactly why I think the halfling thief is a must in most hero teams. He just brings so many narrative possibilities... If he doesn't end up dead after the first adventure, that is. Which tends to happen quite often.
More generally, that was what made WQ so special as a dungeoncrawl. Though it was rather poor tactically speaking, it had an immense narrative power.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.