Claudio
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is B-S considered a company for the game end condition if a share has been sold? What if no share has been sold and all other companies are directly touching at least two others?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bohrer
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes
and
Yes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claudio
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks John, for your quick responses. We tried B-S last night (in case you couldn't tell by the timestamp on TheCat's post). We actually aborted mid-game, not because we needed the two clarifications, but because we misplayed something that is clear in the rules: we put a cube in Stettin as soon as two companies reached Berlin. This immediately attracted the P-O owners. When we realized the mistake, we eliminated B-S from the board and the shares from the game. I made the case to at least take back the double portion of the dividend from the P-O folks. I got vetoed. We played through. While perhaps not a pure result, it was still fun. I'm excited to give the expansion another try tonight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Shaffer
United States
San Francisco
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How about this scenario - other railroad cubes occupy every rural hex touching Berlin-Stettiner home city, preventing Berlin-Stettiner from ever being able to connect to two other companies.

Does this end the game?

Does the answer change if there are not yet two companies in Berlin?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bohrer
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes
and
No
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Shaffer
United States
San Francisco
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great, thanks for the reply.

And wow, this tiny little expansion is a real game changer! Can't wait to get it on the table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bohrer
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is what they said about the Erie expansion, Chris. I hope that you enjoy it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.