Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
George Blichar
United States
Lansing
N/A
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
now, I've read a bunch of reviews and such, but I still can't seem to tell if I need to buy another copy just to accommodate the increase in board size. Does that pre-printed map actually come in the Operation: Overlord box? I figured someone would have mentioned that, but I still can't tell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony D.
United States
Waterloo
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
Nothing like family, friends and games...and music and beer...and pizza and bean dip...and actually having time to play games...
mbmbmbmbmb
The purpose of the expansion is to allow you to play Memoir '44 with only one copy of the base game. Unfortunately, Operation Overlord does not come with one of the Battle Maps series, which doesn't make a lot of sense. In order to use it, you need either Memoir '44: Hedgerow Hell or Memoir '44: Tigers in the Snow.

I can say that if you're getting into the Overlord scenarios, whether you buy two copies of the base game or one of the Battle Maps, that Operation Overlord is a great expansion which makes playing those massive scenarios a snap. The cards are fantastic, and I personally don't mind the cardboard tokens at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanks Alot
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
go2 Youtube Historical Gaming
mbmbmbmbmb
No the board does not come with it. I think it should have, or at least an option to buy the basic board seperately

Here are some solutions
1) Buy a second copy of the game $40 $50
2) Buy the desert board and just pretend its green $10
3) Get the preprinted battle maps and use one unit and 3 poker chips for representing hits (1 inf + 3 chips)
www.unclegames.com mini poker chips..$5?
Battlemap- depends on which one
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Blichar
United States
Lansing
N/A
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wow, that actually sucks pretty bad that it doesn't even come with a preprinted map so you can even use the new cards you are buying...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario De Super
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What about using a Battlelore map for a second board?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.