HeroQuest» Forums » General

Subject: converting to advanced or Uk rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Irwin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
I just ordered a copy of the US version basic hero quest. I saw there is many sites i can download the instruction booklets to other version and their cards. I was wondering if it is possible for me to convert my basic hero quest to advanced and UK version (from what i heard it is better). any links too.
thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slev Sleddeddan
United Kingdom
Victoria Park
Manchester
flag msg tools
What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?
badge
Don't you open that trapdoor!
mbmbmbmbmb
Neither is really "better", they each have plus and minus points.

The UK has better background material, cleaner rules, more play-balance and more interesting treasure.

The US version has a better inventory system, better magic system for the bad-guys, and multi-BP monsters as standard.

I put together a project to unite the two versions together, give it a shot:
http://www.freewebs.com/heroquestrevised

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Irwin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
i am downloading your material. in your website it shows expansions too. can i download the materials for the expansions off a website too to convert my basic hero quest with expansions. if so, is the only thing i am missing is the game's monster miniatures. If so what is the cheapest way of getting substitutes? thanks for the info

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm… Cheapest way? Don't know if some Warhammer minis would be the best; at least they're sold separately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Adams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb

An aside addressed to Simon: Are you the chap that fixed Woody in Toy Story 2 ? laugh

Regards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Irwin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
war hammer is pretty expensive as a replacement. i think i will probably buy descent and use figures from there. by the way another conversion question. what is the difference between hero quest advanced and regular hero's quest. can regular hero quest convert into advanced. I'm not sure from what i was seeing it looks like advanced is just hero's quest with some expansions. thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
warmonger111 wrote:
what is the difference between hero quest advanced and regular hero's quest. can regular hero quest convert into advanced. I'm not sure from what i was seeing it looks like advanced is just hero's quest with some expansions. thanks

Actually no. Advanced Hero Quest is much more complex than Hero Quest. But: There are rules to include the Skaven from Advanced Hero Quest in Hero Quest in an antique issue of White Dwarf. And Advanced Hero Quest includes rules to fit everything from Hero Quest (even the board) in AHQ. Never tried them though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slev Sleddeddan
United Kingdom
Victoria Park
Manchester
flag msg tools
What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
warmonger111 wrote:
i am downloading your material. in your website it shows expansions too. can i download the materials for the expansions off a website too to convert my basic hero quest with expansions. if so, is the only thing i am missing is the game's monster miniatures. If so what is the cheapest way of getting substitutes? thanks for the info

Yes, you can, although when I'm finished everything will be on my site.

There are several useful sites for this in the links section of my sight.

Replacement figures: Ebay for cheap old HQ ones, or try GW and/or Bloodmoon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toco
Belgium
Oost-Vlaanderen
Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
designer
badge
www.tocoking.be/hotspot
mbmbmbmbmb
If you own both HeroQuest AND Advanced HeroQuest, you can try out "Allied HeroQuest". Rules to be found on the NET ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reinhard S.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Slev wrote:

The UK has better background material, cleaner rules, more play-balance and more interesting treasure.

The US version has a better inventory system, better magic system for the bad-guys, and multi-BP monsters as standard.

I am just wondering, how the German Edition will compare to those UK and US versions.
Any Idea?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slev Sleddeddan
United Kingdom
Victoria Park
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reinhard Sabel wrote:
Slev wrote:

I am just wondering, how the German Edition will compare to those UK and US versions.
Any Idea?

It's the same as the UK, with some names changed in translation AFAIAA.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.