Daniel Wilcox
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. This is Open Games Guild contest. The pursuit of this contest is to promote the idea of open gaming. Make a free PnP game based on one of the open licenses:
1.1. CC-by-nc-sa - Creative Commons, attribution, non commercial use only, share alike - that means anyone can use your works, but only when giving you the credits as original author/designer (generally this implies the following: include any copyright notices if applicable, cite the author's name, screen name, or user ID, cite the work's title or name, cite the specific CC license the work is under, mention if the work is a derivative work or adaptation), share this work on identical terms and only for non-commercial purposes. This license is least open, and most protecting work of the artist. It is rated lowest during contest entries judgment.
1.2. CC-by-sa - Creative commons, attribution, share alike - that means that anyone can use your work, but only when giving you credits (see above) and sharing on the same terms as original license.
1.3. CC-by - Creative commons, attribution - anyone can do anything with your works as long as giving you credits for your original work. This license is most open, thus rated highest during contest entries judgment.
1.4. Any CC-nd license is not taken into account as works must be legible for remixing.

2. Contest consists of two phases. First one starts October 1st, and ends December 15th. Second phase starts December 16th and ends February 1st. Late entries are not considered for the prize. Game has to be designed during contest time.

3. Participate as a single person. Participants cannot use assistance of third party, though mentioned earlier open resources are allowed.

4. Participants will have to provide the games that will consist of various components and rules.
4.1. First Phase of the contest. While designing components participants should take into consideration that those components will be reused. Preferably - provide source files.
4.2. Second Phase of the contest. Participants should use as many components from various games from the First Phase as possible, while doing so participants should tip original designer(s) with 1GG. Participants are required to make a new game out of the components. Simply redesigned or tweaked games from First Phase are not legible.
4.3. You are not required to participate in both phases of the contest. You can participate either only in First Phase, or only in Second Phase, or both. You might enter with only one game for each phase.
4.4. Enter contest with a downloads link, BGG database entry, or explain how the game works in you post with attached images from your BGG gallery or outside hosting.

5. Participants are free to use open-source graphics (and other elements depending on personal preferences and individual game design idea). Take into consideration, that this contest is to spread awareness of open licensing, so you must respect licenses of used materials.

6. The game must use its original components only. Entrants cannot use Carcassonne tiles or Decktet cards or Piecepack bits or those Icehouse things... Generic, common gaming pieces such as dice, or buttons/counters/pawns are allowed though.

7. There is no size limit on the rules. If you need 20 pages to explain your game, go for it.

8. Your entry may use any mechanics, but must be themed. Theme: classic gaming and fiction cliches' (choose one and build your game around it). Abstract games are not eligible. It may be for any number of players The game can have any number of turns, including no turns at all. The game should replay-able. There is no page limit for the games.

9. Components do not have to be all the same shape or size. Any two dimensional shapes are acceptable. 3D-"cut, fold and glue" pieces for the game are welcome though.

10. The winners will be determined after each phase of the contest. Games evaluation will be done in two phases.
10.1. Open Games Guild will rate the games based on their licensing (how open are entries) and overall games quality. The rating will be in a form of percentage.
10.2. Multi-choice poll opened for all BGG users after each phase. Users will vote for the games in couple categories that will be set up before the polls start. Results will be also presented in percentage form.
10.3. Wining game will be determined by summing up two above percentage ratings. Highest points to max 200 available determine the winner.
10.4. No ties. In case of a tie there will be a single-answer poll with single question, to determine which of tied games are better.

11. Prize Pool: 200 GG.
11.1. First Phase first place prize: 35% of the Prize Pool, First Phase second Place prize: 20% of the Prize Pool
11.2. Second Phase first place prize: 30% of the Prize Pool, Second Phase second place prize: 15% of the Prize Pool.

12. All tips given to this contest thread will be distributed equally among the entrants of both phases. All tips given to the voting threads will be distributed among the winners.

13. Contest host is not eligible to win but can enter with honorary mention game. Contest host is allowed to vote

Suitable resources for designing your games may be found in these places:
Open Clip art
Inkscape- Open Source Vector Image Application
Boardgame extension for use with Inkscape
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Tavener
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
The overtext below is true.
badge
The overtext above is false.
mbmbmbmbmb
So...
No theme requirements?
No mechanical requirements?
Just open source?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Smith

Cedar Rapids
Iowa
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Erulisse wrote:

b. Licensing: Entrants receive extra points based on the openness of their license. CC-by-nc-sa < CC-by-sa < CC-by. The incentive is not be game breaking, but rather encouraging, what we are trying to do is allow people to make art, and money if they wish.

I don't get it. What's this licensing stuff mean?

Wait! Is there a hidden contest encrypted in those strings of characters? gulp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pelle Nilsson
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lee, I believe the answer to that can be found here:
http://creativecommons.org/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creative_Commons_licenses
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysztof Zięba
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Check out my first published board game: In the Name of Odin!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I was interested, but I don't understand a single thing about this contest...
English please?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudolf Aligierski
Poland
flag msg tools
You might want to make those rules more precise, add some more requirements and limitations, explain in simple words what each of those licensing types mean without external links (that doesn't explain much to people who never was in open software/art/works, and thus does not recognize slight difference between given liceses), shorten the timeframe (3 months might be a little bit too much), add rules concerning co-operation and (hypothetical) working in teams.

Some kind of limitations would inspire creativity. For example - "make gaming components system (something in the spirit of the Piecepack or Decktet) and integrate it with your games mechanic and theme while keeping in mind, that some of the users might want to use your elements in second part of the contest"

I suggest the limitation that games should be themed (no abstract games) as it makes phase #2 more interesting ("sooo... I used pirates from game X and spaceships from game Y and now I have a game about evil pirates who are changing timeline with some bad magic, and *time rangers* who are trying to stop them... cool huh?")

You might want to concentrate more on forming the rules if this contest is going to work...

And hey... those are only suggestions... I took my right to "remix" your rules :P
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jim b
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
Deviance, Coolness, and Remixed-ness? my lord.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Wilcox
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry to everyone. There isn't much clarity in the rules at all :-{ We are trying to foster open source style game design. I'll clear things up and add to it (based on the comments).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Stone
United States
Dallas
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Funny... I actually understood everything and like the general openness of the contest. That said it will be incredibly difficult to judge a strategy based board game versus a resource management card game, versus a beer & pretzels dice game. I'd suggest coming up with a few broad categories such as, Customizable Card Games, Miniatures Games, RPGs, Board Games, Dice Games. This way you are comparing like to like (well, as much as a game like Scrabble and Risk can be considered the same "type" of game).

I've got a card game I'm in the early stages of designing. I don't think it really fits the needs of your contest, but I may try and get it hashed out and entered any way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Hutchings
Australia
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I understood the original post to mean that they were judging the games based on how much they liked them, and not trying to justify their impressions with 'objective' criteria (other than the licenses). Is that right?

The only thing I found confusing was "Remixed-ness, composed of 2 parts: Deviance from the original title, and Similarity to original title." Isn't 'deviance' is just the opposite of 'similarity', meaning that any game's total score for these two criteria should be the same?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lukas Litzsinger
United States
Falcon Heights
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
apeloverage wrote:
I understood the original post to mean that they were judging the games based on how much they liked them, and not trying to justify their impressions with 'objective' criteria (other than the licenses). Is that right?

The only thing I found confusing was "Remixed-ness, composed of 2 parts: Deviance from the original title, and Similarity to original title." Isn't 'deviance' is just the opposite of 'similarity', meaning that any game's total score for these two criteria should be the same?

I think the idea is that the 'remix' needs to be both similar to the original design (you're not just taking one aspect and making up your own game)and also needs to change it in some fashion (thus the deviance). So you could get points for a) keeping the spirit of the original design and b) improving upon it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudolf Aligierski
Poland
flag msg tools
Rukasu wrote:
apeloverage wrote:

I think the idea is that the 'remix' needs to be both similar to the original design (you're not just taking one aspect and making up your own game)and also needs to change it in some fashion (thus the deviance). So you could get points for a) keeping the spirit of the original design and b) improving upon it.

I don't think that was the point. It was rather about using pieces from previous games in new, surprising and innovative way. Also some of the rules might be re-used, though not necessarily from the same game. It's certainly not abut improving games from phase #1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pelle Nilsson
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That was caused by a suggestion I made when we discussed this competition a few months ago. The idea was that no one should win the remix competition by just picking a great game from the first competition and making minimal changes to make it slightly more great. The remixes should be new games, but still making good use of being able to pick parts from the older games.

I agree that the licenses has to be sorted out. For one thing it can be a problem that the four mentioned licenses are not all compatible. You can't take parts from a game licensed cc-by-sa and mix with parts from games licensed cc-by-nc for instance. Also there is more to explain and more stuff to scare away people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudolf Aligierski
Poland
flag msg tools
My rules suggestions: (rules are now in OP, don't look for them here)

1. This is Open Games Guild contest. The pursuit of this contest is to promote the idea of open gaming. Make a free PnP game based on one of the open licenses:
1.1. CC-by-nc-sa - Creative Commons, attribution, non commercial use only, share alike - that means anyone can use your works, but only when giving you the credits as original author/designer (generally this implies the following: include any copyright notices if applicable, cite the author's name, screen name, or user ID, cite the work's title or name, cite the specific CC license the work is under, mention if the work is a derivative work or adaptation), share this work on identical terms and only for non-commercial purposes. This license is least open, and most protecting work of the artist. It is rated lowest during contest entries judgment.
1.2. CC-by-sa - Creative commons, attribution, share alike - that means that anyone can use your work, but only when giving you credits (see above) and sharing on the same terms as original license.
1.3. CC-by - Creative commons, attribution - anyone can do anything with your works as long as giving you credits for your original work. This license is most open, thus rated highest during contest entries judgment.
1.4. Any CC-nd license is not taken into account as works must be legible for remixing.

2. Contest consists of two phases. First one starts October 1st, and ends December 15th. Second phase starts December 16th and ends February 1st. Late entries are not considered for the prize. Game has to be designed during contest time.

3. Participate as a single person. Participants cannot use assistance of third party, though mentioned earlier open resources are allowed.

4. Participants will have to provide the games that will consist of various components and rules.
4.1. First Phase of the contest. While designing components participants should take into consideration that those components will be reused. Preferably - provide source files.
4.2. Second Phase of the contest. Participants should use as many components from various games from the First Phase as possible, while doing so participants should tip original designer(s) with 1GG. Participants are required to make a new game out of the components. Simply redesigned or tweaked games from First Phase are not legible.
4.3. You are not required to participate in both phases of the contest. You can participate either only in First Phase, or only in Second Phase, or both. You might enter with only one game for each phase.
4.4. Enter contest with a downloads link, BGG database entry, or explain how the game works in you post with attached images from your BGG gallery or outside hosting.

5. Participants are free to use open-source graphics (and other elements depending on personal preferences and individual game design idea). Take into consideration, that this contest is to spread awareness of open licensing, so you must respect licenses of used materials.

6. The game must use its original components only. Entrants cannot use Carcassonne tiles or Decktet cards or Piecepack bits or those Icehouse things... Generic, common gaming pieces such as dice, or buttons/counters/pawns are allowed though.

7. There is no size limit on the rules. If you need 20 pages to explain your game, go for it.

8. Your entry may use any mechanics, but must be themed. Theme: classic gaming and fiction cliches' (choose one and build your game around it). Abstract games are not legible. It may be for any number of players The game can have any number of turns, including no turns at all. The game should replay-able. There is no page limit for the games.

9. Components do not have to be all the same shape or size. Any two dimensional shapes are acceptable. 3D-"cut, fold and glue" pieces for the game are welcome though.

10. The winners will be determined after each phase of the contest. Games evaluation will be done in two phases.
10.1. Open Games Guild will rate the games based on their licensing (how open are entries) and overall games quality. The rating will be in a form of percentage.
10.2. Multi-choice poll opened for all BGG users after each phase. Users will vote for the games in couple categories that will be set up before the polls start. Results will be also presented in percentage form.
10.3. Wining game will be determined by summing up two above percentage ratings. Highest points to max 200 available determine the winner.
10.4. No ties. In case of a tie there will be a single-answer poll with single question, to determine which of tied games are better.

11. Prize Pool: 200 GG.
11.1. First Phase first place prize: 35% of the Prize Pool, First Phase second Place prize: 20% of the Prize Pool
11.2. Second Phase first place prize: 30% of the Prize Pool, Second Phase second place prize: 15% of the Prize Pool.

12. All tips given to this contest thread will be distributed equally among the entrants of both phases. All tips given to the voting threads will be distributed among the winners.

13. Contest host is not eligible to win but can enter with honorary mention game. Contest host is allowed to vote.

I will edit this to refer to what Pelni wrote.
pelni wrote:
That was caused by a suggestion I made when we discussed this competition a few months ago. The idea was that no one should win the remix competition by just picking a great game from the first competition and making minimal changes to make it slightly more great. The remixes should be new games, but still making good use of being able to pick parts from the older games.

I agree that the licenses has to be sorted out. For one thing it can be a problem that the four mentioned licenses are not all compatible. You can't take parts from a game licensed cc-by-sa and mix with parts from games licensed cc-by-nc for instance. Also there is more to explain and more stuff to scare away people.

And here I thought that if you use two different elements with different licensing you just choose the more strict one. Like in example you gave I would make it "CC-by-nc-sa"... But you are right - this "sa" causes trouble, as first used element allowed commercial use and users were required to "share-alike" on same conditions. Tricky. Though it could be solved by providing source-elements along with the ready product with different licensing - the whole thing would be "CC-by-nc-sa" but there would go another copy of "CC-by-sa" elements (copy of those already composed into the ready work) with their own licensing. That would be fair I guess...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mads l. brynnum
Denmark
2400 Kbh. NV
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that an example of what would constitute a remixable game would be cool. Or even better, do you have an example of a game that has been remixed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pelle Nilsson
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The combination of sa with other licenses in various creative ways to avoid the problem is likely to just make the original creator upset, even though technically a good lawyer might be able to figure out a way.

I think it would be better in the first contest to only allow compatible licenses, so that everyone knows that there will be no problems picking components from different games and mixing. It would be less confusing and also open up for more interesting remix experiments.

For instance only having cc-by and cc-by-nc, or only cc-by and cc-by-sa would work, even though limiting it to one single license (like cc-by or cc-by-sa) would make it even less complex.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudolf Aligierski
Poland
flag msg tools
mads b. wrote:
I think that an example of what would constitute a remixable game would be cool. Or even better, do you have an example of a game that has been remixed?

Here you go:
Piecepack and remixed: Piecepack Soccer
But to be honest that is not quite a good example as Piecepack is not the game but adjustable components system. But if you can imagine it's a game - here you go. Flat Out War Might be a good example though. It's wargaming system with various settings, one of each is "Splatball" (unlike other settings: Tortoise vs. Hare and Pygmies on the Pirueti Plains it doesn't have BGG entry and all pictures are uploaded under Flat Out War, which is btw annoying, because I personally prefer Tortoise vs Hare setting), but anyway... this Splatball setting evolved into a boardgame Splatball: Suburban Legend which is kinda' remix of the ideas... So yeah... I think it counts. Also: Decktet whish is actually rather alternate deck, then game itself.

pelni wrote:
The combination of sa with other licenses in various creative ways to avoid the problem is likely to just make the original creator upset, even though technically a good lawyer might be able to figure out a way. :)

I think it would be better in the first contest to only allow compatible licenses, so that everyone knows that there will be no problems picking components from different games and mixing. It would be less confusing and also open up for more interesting remix experiments.

For instance only having cc-by and cc-by-nc, or only cc-by and cc-by-sa would work, even though limiting it to one single license (like cc-by or cc-by-sa) would make it even less complex.

I never thought that "creative way" of "respecting" original designers' work may end with them being upset. I know they have some reasons for those licenses choices, but what if two different elements just HAVE to be connected despite their different licensing? "CC-by-sa" is actually really free license, I don't know why the author would be upset with his work being protected by a little more strict license in one single product (when original elements are still available on the old license). On the other hand you can't choose less strict license if one of the previous designers chose "nc" for examle... Tricky...

The most fun is "CC-sa" license... "welcome to the nobody's land"...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pelle Nilsson
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mads b. wrote:

I think the lack of such games is a reason for having this competition.

Interestingly open licenses seem common in the RPG world. The D20 system was released with an (almost) open license and then reused by many different companies for billions of games. In addition there are many RPG developments projects online where people help out creating rules and contents in an open source style. I'm sure something similar could work very well for at least some kinds of boardgames.

Maybe heavily themes games, such as wargames, where a new game can be created somethimes by simply redrawing the map and change the text on the counters it is more obiously useful than in purely abstract games.

Given all the time spent by people in the DIY forum discussing how to make improved DIY versions of popular boardgames (and the constant flame wars about what is legal and not when it comes to reimplementing commercial games) it seems like there should be a number of people having interest in this remixability thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pelle Nilsson
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One game that has several interesting remixes is Zombie in my Pocket. It has no free license, but the author has been nice about allowing people to upload their own remixed versions.

Of course there is a huge difference between a nice author that does not try to cause you problems when you remix and an author that explicitly says everyone are free to do remixes. But as an example of what a cool remix could look like I think this is a good example.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudolf Aligierski
Poland
flag msg tools
pelni wrote:
One game that has several interesting remixes is Zombie in my Pocket. It has no free license, but the author has been nice about allowing people to upload their own remixed versions.

Nota bene this author is nice enough that one of those remixes/rethemes is now a game on its own. It started as a simple re-theme, but some of the rules evolved into making a completely new game. I'm speaking of Airborne in my Pocket.

That is indeed good example.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Hutchings
Australia
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Often people will use copyrighted artwork for amateur games (eg pictures out of D&D for fantasy games). Usually it doesn't really matter, but it would matter if you want to be able to say that all the games are useable by others.

So maybe it'd be a good idea to have a condition of the competition that artwork be useable under the same license as the game itself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Paquette
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rudolfoaligieri123 wrote:
pelni wrote:

Nota bene this author is nice enough that one of those remixes/rethemes is now a game on its own. It started as a simple re-theme, but some of the rules evolved into making a completely new game. I'm speaking of Airborne in my Pocket.

Excellent example!

The limited size & simplicity of ZimP is what makes it so easy to re-theme. Whereas AimP, with it's 28 page rulebook (not to mention the 78-page campaign book)surprise, is better suited to expansion with new scenarios and an optional pair of cargo pants.

Both qualify as variants, but is it what Daniel suggesting with this notion of an "open source style game design"?

With this in mind, it may be good idea to limit the 1st part of the contest to 1 or 2 mechanics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudolf Aligierski
Poland
flag msg tools
Star Hopper wrote:
pelni wrote:

Excellent example!

The limited size & simplicity of ZimP is what makes it so easy to re-theme. Whereas AimP, with it's 28 page rulebook (not to mention the 78-page campaign book):surprise:, is better suited to expansion with new scenarios and an optional pair of cargo pants.:p

Both qualify as variants, but is it what Daniel suggesting with this notion of an "open source style game design"?

With this in mind, it may be good idea to limit the 1st part of the contest to 1 or 2 mechanics.

Not necessarily. Example - let's say you are not into wargames, but "Economy Games" is your forte'. For the first phase you designed event-card driven game of oceanic exploration and fish merchandise, and someone else made a Squad-driven wargame like Valor & Victory. You enjoyed the art so you used solider counters for your game for second phase making a game of competitive weapon-making companies using those counters as "soldiers equipped", while using some slightly modificated event cards from your previous game to determine who is wining tenders for weapon supply...
Coincidentally that "wargame person" liked your chits from your first fishy game, and decided to use them. Let's say that person was exhausted after First Phase of the contest and wanted to make something humorous - thus changing your fish-chits into war counters and making a game of underwater warfare between two octopuses and their fish-minions...

As you can see mechanics requirements are not necessary. I think that providing opened to modification source files is a little bit more important..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Paquette
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Star Hopper wrote:
pelni wrote:

Excellent example!

The limited size & simplicity of ZimP is what makes it so easy to re-theme. Whereas AimP, with it's 28 page rulebook (not to mention the 78-page campaign book)surprise, is better suited to expansion with new scenarios and an optional pair of cargo pants.

Not necessarily. Example - let's say you are not into wargames, but "Economy Games" is your forte'. For the first phase you designed event-card driven game of oceanic exploration and fish merchandise, and someone else made a Squad-driven wargame like Valor & Victory. You enjoyed the art so you used solider counters for your game for second phase making a game of competitive weapon-making companies using those counters as "soldiers equipped", while using some slightly modificated event cards from your previous game to determine who is wining tenders for weapon supply...
Coincidentally that "wargame person" liked your chits from your first fishy game, and decided to use them. Let's say that person was exhausted after First Phase of the contest and wanted to make something humorous - thus changing your fish-chits into war counters and making a game of underwater warfare between two octopuses and their fish-minions...

As you can see mechanics requirements are not necessary. I think that providing opened to modification source files is a little bit more important..

Good point!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Wilcox
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
@Rudolf I really like your rewrite of the rules! The provision of descriptions of the various licenses was something I completely missed!(which is lame because the whole goal of this contest is to educate about the options available to them in the creative process)

I'm extremely thankful to Pelle for filling in the blanks for me while I was working. He basically explained it all.

This is exactly the idea behind this contest. To make quality resources available that can be easily used by anyone to remix and make into something entirely different! Granted it takes guts to release your work to the community for free, but this is the new age! Computer Programmers, Authors, Musicians, Artists are all releasing stuff into the wild free for the public to use, Gamers can get in on it too!

pelni wrote:
The combination of sa with other licenses in various creative ways to avoid the problem is likely to just make the original creator upset, even though technically a good lawyer might be able to figure out a way.

This is a problem I didn't think about. One solution is to have all art released under CC-by and the games under other more restrictive licenses, though this would probably keep many people away from this contest. Another solution could be for authors of CC-by-nc-sa games to allow exceptional one time use, does this work? Perhaps the OGL used by RPG companies is more suitable for this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.