Hide
3 Posts

War on Terror» Forums » Rules

Subject: Terrorist network questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
High Card
msg tools
1. Does each empire have the ability to place one terrorist unit anywhere on the board, regardless of whether other empires have placed terrorists already, or does everyone share a single terrorist network that they have to build off of?

2. Can an empire purchase multiple terrorist units and place them on opposite sides of the board from each other (i.e. nowhere near each other) or does every terrorist unit that they buy have to be placed on bordering countries of their existing terrorist units?

3. Can you buy many terrorist units and and create a chain of terrorist occupied countries in a single turn? (for example, if I have many terrorist vanguards in my pool and the only terrorist unit on the board is in Ukraine, can i place one in Western Russia, then place one in Mongolia, then one in China, then one in Malaysia, and one in Indonesia all in the same turn?) (Also, are you able to use this method when creating developments for empires?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Schulzetenberg
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can place terrorists anywhere, without restrictions. There's no limit to the number of terrorists you buy, nor where they are placed. Also, terrorists are not limited to use by the player who built them. Anybody is welcome to use any terrorists anywhere on the board when attacking, although they can't move them without a card.

Regarding empire building questions, we always play that it is legitimate to play a development, and then expand from that development. I don't believe this is explicitly stated in the rules, but we choose to play it that way as we find it more in keeping with the informal, freewheeling feel of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
High Card
msg tools
Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.