Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Krzysztof Zięba
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Check out my first published board game: In the Name of Odin!
mbmbmbmbmb

This is only one of the new illustrations that have been added to the game gallery! Come take a look at the heroes of "7"!

We have also added some new, specific info about the game mechanics in the "More Info" section. There are some details there about what makes "7" a co-operative game with a twist.

Remember that you can pre-order your copy to pick it up at Essen. If you do this now, you will be able to purchase the game for a lower, promotional price!

More news and updates coming soon. Be sure to check our website, http://www.wolffang.pl , regularly, as you can also find info on our other titles there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joachim Pehl
Germany
Daubach
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Two questions, how long will it be possible to preorder it for the lower price ? And, will we see the rulebook before Essen ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysztof Zięba
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Preorders are going to be taken almost all the way up to Essen, but the lower price is a strickly limited offer, so the earlier you reserve your copy, the better for you
As for the rulebook - yes, of course it will be available via our website and this BGG entry. At the moment we are almost finished with it's final version, and then it's there's the translation - as there is a 99% chance that I will be doing that, rest assured that I will make haste with it and it should be ready for uploading within a few days (a week, tops) of me getting the basic rulebook.

Soon, there will be new info on the game on our website. I'll let you know via this topic when something new is up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joachim Pehl
Germany
Daubach
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply.

What was posted until now sounds nice, but I'm skeptical if it works. I' m eagerly awaiting more info.

I just took a look at the Wolf Fang Site, I found the option to preorder it at Essen, but is it correct that you have to pay it before Essen ? There are only paying options like Paypal, etc. Most other preorders I have or will make, have the option to pay it at Essen ?

Best regards
tech7
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysztof Zięba
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, you can buy the game on the fair, but you will not get the 5 euro cheaper price, unfortunately. A prepay guarantees that you will receive your copy during the fair, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joachim Pehl
Germany
Daubach
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah,
okay, again thanks for your fast answer. Well, I will wait for some more infos, while the available information sounds good, too many light fantasy-adventure games have been a disappointment for me.

Well unless they make an expansion for Saigo no Kane, that would be an immediate preorder for me

Best regards
tech7
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysztof Zięba
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
7 has a lot in common with Saigo no Kane - it uses a very similar mechanism to govern things. If this isn't recommendation enough, then just wait for the manual It will be up in a few weeks or maybe earlier. I don't know what the works on the illustrations for it and the general looks are, but I'm 50% into translating the rules and will probably go up to 80% tomorrow So it's all going in a good direction!

If you are a fan of Saigo, you will not be dissapointed.
If you are a fan of fantasy-themed games which are different than running around the map, leveling your character, you will not be dissapointed.
And if you like these kind of games, you should definately give 7 a try. I think it really introduces some very interesting features into the genre.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysztof Zięba
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Update!
Check out the box design in the gallery!
Also, we have added the list of components to the "More Information" section!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysztof Zięba
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a quick heads up - starting Wednesday or Thursday, an update routine is going to take place. New images will be added every two or three days to show you how the sin cards and boards look like, among other things.
So stay tuned!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysztof Zięba
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Essen fair is closer and closer, and with it, the premiere of „7”. To present Wolf Fang's newest game, we have prepared a short text about three of the five boards on which the epic struggle with the Unnamed will take place.

The first of these is the Quest Board.

To defeat the Unnamed, the players have to complete 14 quests. Those are randomly picked cards, on which, besides the Might Points awarded, certain requirements have been listed – fulfilling these guarantees closing another chapter of the fight with the ancient demon. What's important is, that the players can also see the challenges that await them in the future. Each of the players can take part in the quests available in the next 'tier', but they may not finish them, as first the present challenges have to be completed. The fact that the third tier of events is visible allows the participants to prepare by collecting the needed resources and gifts. Fulfilling the requirements of the 14 quests guarantees collecting the seven fragments of the armor and defeating the Unnamed.

There is an alternative way to achieve this goal, however. The Portal.

To end the game in this way, seven of each of the resources shown have to collected. To make things more difficult, however, the players cannot use elixirs – the potent alchemical concoctions allowing them to accumulate the needed Gifts faster. What is important here, is that the whole portal has to be closed – only that way the return of the Unnamed can be stopped for good.

The last picture we'd like to show you is the Might Track, on which the number of victory points is for each of the players is shown.

Besides these three boards, two more are found in the game – the Tavern, in which you may recruit new Characters, and the Alchemist, where the players can buy elixirs. We will show these as well.

Stay tuned, as another article about the game and it's world will soon be added here within the next few days. We will tell you about Characters which can be added to your party, and Gifts, which allow the completion of Quests.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysztof Zięba
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Keeping true to the promise we made in the first article about „7”, in today's „episode”, we will take a look at the 'heart' of the game – the Characters, Elixirs and Gifts. We will also say a few words about Buildings which can be used during the game. First, we'd like to present the Tavern:

It's here where you'll be able to recruit Characters who create your party. They can be a part of one of six factions, represented by six colours: green, red, blue, purple, grey and yellow. They also stand for the six lands threatened by the return of the Unnamed. At the start of the game, there are three characters available from the Tavern – this can be changed by the Cataclyms cards. We will tacle with this topic in the next article, but in the meanwhile, let's take a look at the Characters.

Each of the Characters has a cost in Fame listed in the upper left corner. Under it, an income is listed: how much of either Fame, Gold or Might Points the character provides. On the right you can find the faction symbol, and on the bottom of the card there are Gifts listed, which you can obtain by activating the Character.

By using Gifts, players achieve victory in the challenges they face during Quests. What is important, each of them has only seven copies, which encourages confrontation between the players. Not only the Characters can be used to gain Gifts though. The alchemist, who trades in Elixirs, offers an alternative way of aquiring them:

Similar to the Tavern, the players will be able to see three out of 36 elixirs at any given moment. By paying the amount of gold required, they give themselves the opportunity to gain Gifts, Fame or Might Points.

On the left side of the elixir you can see the cost, with the Gift provided on the right. However, if you control – in the example shown – two violet characters, the Elixir offers three green Gifts. What's more important, these Gifts do not have to come from the pool of cards available to all players. This means you can become independent, to an extent, of other players in regard to collecting Gifts and also that, in a way, you do not lose Gifts as an effect of certain Cataclysm cards.

The buildings are yet another way of obtaining Gold and Fame, and provide those resources each turn. Controlling characters in a certain colour increases this income and you have the possibility of discarding a building to gain Gold or Fame, similar to the Elixirs. What's more, both Estates and Castles allow you to gain an additional Gift after paying the cost in Might Points. For those of you who are looking for completely different, more powerful options, a third class of buildings exists – the Temples.

Temples are special buildings that provide Might Points and offer powerful abilities. To profit from the first bonus, as much as three characters of a set colour have to be controlled, while the second bonus requires quite a lot of Might Points. As a reward for that, though, the player is granted a powerful rule which works for the whole turn. It may be, for example, decreasing the recruitment cost of all characters by one, a chance of taking part in a Quest found in the third row, or preventing the players and the Unnamed from playing cards on the player.

Last but not least, we have the Hero, the chieftain of one of the six factions taking part in the fight with the Unnamed. Each of them provides a single Gold and Fame marker each turn, and allows the player to exchange up to three Gift cards for the same amount of Gifts from the pool, or belonging to another player. As you can see from the illustration, you can also play a Hero that stands on the side of evil. But this is a story for next time...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joachim Pehl
Germany
Daubach
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, that really sounds like Saigo no Kane, if Wolf Fang is able to remove the little flaws in Saigo this game could really be a hit, now with a more common theme.

I'm really interessted in the evil player option.

Thanks for the nice articles.

Btw. the artwork on most of the pictures is great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
massimiliano cuccia
Italy
catania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
is it language dependent?

thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysztof Zięba
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Massimiliano,
The game is 100% based on symbols and only the box and the rulebook are in a certain language - at the moment it's English, German or Polish, but there is some chance of different versions if the interest is high enough. So as long as at least one of you speaks the language (the rulebook uses very basic vocabulary and is clearly written), you should be alright
Best.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt R
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
All life is only a set of pictures in the brain, among which there is no difference betwixt those born of real things and those born of inward dreamings, and no cause to value the one above the other.
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, sounds very interesting. I preordered a copy and look forward to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
massimiliano cuccia
Italy
catania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting! I'm reading the rules!
bye
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysztof Zięba
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the last preview article on '7', we'd like to talk a bit about the other elements of gameplay. Those are: Treasure Cards, Artifacts, Sin Cards, Cataclysm Cards and the cards of the Unnamed. We hope that even though you had the chance of reading the rulebook, this will still prove interesting. Let's start with the Treasure cards.

Next to each of the quests, two treasures can be found. Those are available to any player who took part in a certain adventure. You may decide to take them before the quest ends, but that will require you to remove your token, and so forfeit the adventure. If you choose to wait until the Regroup Phase or Completing Quests step, you will also be rewarded, along with all the other players who contributed. In the first situation, the player can choose one of the two face-up cards, or the top Treasure card from the deck, while in the second you can choose any of the remaining Treasures – not only those lying next to a quest, but also any card remaining in the Treasure deck. The Treasures are divided into three types: Fame, Gold and Artefacts. In the picture shown, we can see the latter.

There are seven artifacts of very different powers. The one featured above allows the player to untap two of his characters. Some others include, for example, gaining seven fame tokens, receiving a single card of each Gift (even those that have been temporarily removed from play due to a Cataclysm Card) or even remove a card blocking one of the spaces of the Tavern or Store. How can the players block a Tavern space, you ask? It's very simple – all it takes is being inconsiderate with using the Sin Cards.

The Sin Cards are one of the most basic, and thus most important, mechanisms in '7'. Each of the players can use them, because each turn you have to draw a number of them to hold three in hand. What do they offer and why is it so difficult for the players to keep themselves from 'sinning'? Thanks to these cards you may receive three additional Gold or Fame markers, untap a tapped character, block a different Sin Card played by another player and even exchange your marker on a quest with another player's marker in the same quest row. In a nutshell, you can always choose to either help yourself, or make your enemies' lifes harder. Nothing remains without consequences though – each time when a seventh Sin card is put into the discard pile, a Cataclysm card is drawn...

The Cataclysm pictured above causes each player to discard an Elixir, the destruction of building number 11, and also all players have to discard two grey gifts and tap all green characters. Cataclysm cards also appear each time a full row of quests is completed succesfully. The players have to make haste. When a fourteenth Cataclysm is brought into play, they have to achieve victory until the end of the turn. If they fail to do that, victory belongs to the Unnamed.

The Unnamed is the main foe of the heroes who try to find the Armor of the First Hero. '7' allows one of the players to take on the part of that demon. When chosen as a game variant, one of the participants receives an Evil Player deck which, similar to the Sin Cards, has a dual way of working – it may 'hit' one of the players, or all of them in a weaker way. The sample shown takes away two yellow gift cards from one of the players, or causes all the players to discard one such card. What are the possibilities of the other cards?

Tomorrow we should be able to upload reference sheets to the Files section. This will allow you to familiarise yourself with all the different options the cards featured in the game give.

We would like to thank you for reading these short articles, and we encourage you to take a read through the rules found in the Files section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysztof Zięba
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a short reminder - preorders end in two days (18th October), so if any of you are sitting on the fence about buying the game before Essen, it's time to make you mind
Just saying!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seba J
Germany
Frankfurt
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lord_Kristof wrote:
Just a short reminder - preorders end in two days (18th October)

Dude! Just discovered "7". This sounds wayyyy too interesting not to be preordered .
Sorry, I know I'm 19 minutes too late, but could you give me the special price? PLEAAAAASE whistle
If yes, can I preorder my copy on the website or via geekmail to you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.