tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Severs
England
Birmingham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mined roads cant be used except by the infanry. Dashed red is bluff hexside.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Summers
United States
Potomac Falls
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'll just add that once you reach the extended game, you can use Engineering bases to clear mined roads thus allowing tanks to use the roads.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Butterfield
United States
Fremont
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
A hex with a mined road or trail can only be entered by infantry, ranger infantry and leaders. In the extended game, engineers can clear mined roads, making them traversable by non-infantry units.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Wall
United Kingdom
Ormskirk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mnay thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh Grotius
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are some dashed-red lines that appear in mid-hex, not at a hexside. E.g., 0816, 0917. It looks more like an extension of the mined road than a hexside, especially as there's another set of dashed-red-lines on the hexside of the same hex. Looks like a mined road to me. No?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh Grotius
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To answer my own question: those are mined paths, as one of the posters above surmised. So says the designer in a post at Consimworld:

Quote:
In the draw near the middle of the map, there's a dashed red-brown line that passes through the middle of hexes

The dashed red line in hexes 0816, 0817. 0917 and 1017 is a mined trail -- cannot be entered by US armor and artillery until cleared by an engineer base in the extended game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.