Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Gassett
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I heard that Rio Grande was going to distribute this in the U.S., but I haven't seen the price tag go down any yet. Does anyone know if it will?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Crispin
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why would you expect the imported version's price to go down before an English version is released?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Gassett
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wwscrispin wrote:
Why would you expect the imported version's price to go down before an English version is released?

I dunno...maybe because Jay can import more than one or two at a time? Next question - will there be an English version?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Miller
Canada
Medicine Hat
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stores and distributors will sell small amounts of this game from Europe, at the high price, because of the high cost of importing. They'll know the street date for "RGG's" version, be it in English or not. Knowing this date, they won't buy extra copies at the inflated price and instead, they'll wait for RGG's (assumed) lower prices.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Jackson
United States
Mather
California
flag msg tools
OK, one time Randy Beaman had to take baths with his brother. So one time his little brother took a potty in the bathtub .....and now Randy Beaman gets to take showers alone. 'K, bye.
badge
One time, OK, see, one time Randy Beaman's little brother ate Pop Rocks and drank a soda at the same time and his head exploded! 'K, bye.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure where the priority in reprinting it would be since the original came with English rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Crispin
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If Jay reprints/rebrands it with the RGG logo the RGG price will be lower in the US. If Jay imports/releases the European version then a large amount of them will be in the US and the price will come down. Jay has done neither of those things at this point so there is no reason for retailers to charge less.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There has been no decision by RGG to bring this to North America at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Gassett
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wwscrispin wrote:
If Jay reprints/rebrands it with the RGG logo the RGG price will be lower in the US. If Jay imports/releases the European version then a large amount of them will be in the US and the price will come down. Jay has done neither of those things at this point so there is no reason for retailers to charge less.

Hmmmm.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Gassett
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
UnknownParkerBrother wrote:

Hmmmm.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Bridges
United States
Los Altos
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Apocryphile wrote:
wwscrispin wrote:

I dunno...maybe because Jay can import more than one or two at a time? Next question - will there be an English version?

The existing version of Valdora comes with English rules and player aids in addition to German. I was pleasantly surprised when I opened my copy from Milan-Spiele to find English was included.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Crispin
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Apocryphile wrote:
UnknownParkerBrother wrote:

Hmmmm.....

Of course if you know something we do not then the if becomes a when, but still the price will not fall until the when happens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hammock Backpacker
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hot Coffee...Mmmmmm
badge
Go Take A HIke!
mbmbmbmbmb
I pulled the trigger on a Game Surplus order last night. I can't see why it's worth the wait and $10-$15 off for an RGG copy when I can be playing in just a few more days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
OCD with the Letters in the Right Order!
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered it from amazon.de, along with a few other titles not freely available in the US. I think I got reasonable shipping, but I did accidentally order 2 copies of Valdora, so now I have to figure what to do about it.

I will probably list it in the Marketplace here a bit above the preorder one, in line with the pricing at GamesSurplus (where it is out of stock).

Brad

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on play of the game, the most memorable quote of the evening was:

"At least I know a game I can put up as trade fodder in a month or two."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.