Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Gibson
United States
San Diego (Scripps Ranch)
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the First Phase of Operation Barbarossa (Center), I used the Optional Rule and rolled "Hearts and Minds" for the Axis. If I'm reading the book correctly, this gives the Axis player a cavalry unit in the southern branch campaign. Presumably, it will be used when we play Barbarossa South. Correct?

The "What if" Event rule reads, "roll 1 die before each phase of the campaign...", which to me is interpreted to be rolled before each of the 6 phases (2 phases each, three Campaigns). Correct?

Then, on the roll beginning phase 1 of Barbarossa North, the Axis player again rolled "Hearts and Minds". If my previous questions are correct, then do the Axis have 2x "Hearts and Minds" when the campaign switches to the South?

While on the subject, I would strongly recommend that the event tables reside in the same location when Campaign Book II is published.

Anyway, thanks in advance,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stig Morten
Norway
Kvernaland
flag msg tools
Thunder Alley: Crew Chief Expansion - Coming soon to Kickstarter!
badge
Evil lurks here!
mbmbmbmbmb
You only roll the "What if" before phase 1 and before phase 2 in the grand campaign. So phase 1 is the first scenarios in all three campaign branches and phase 2 is rolled before playing the rest of the scenarios.

Was that clear?

In other words, you only roll for phase 1 once and once for phase 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Gibson
United States
San Diego (Scripps Ranch)
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. Thanks for your help.

So in the 1st Phase, the Russians rolled "Scorched Earth", which results in the Axis playing with one less card for the entire 1st Phase of the Campaign. Wow, that's a pretty harsh penalty!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Earl
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bob.Gibson wrote:

So in the 1st Phase, the Russians rolled "Scorched Earth", which results in the Axis playing with one less card for the entire 1st Phase of the Campaign. Wow, that's a pretty harsh penalty!

Yeah, but the Russians need it. I won the first Grand Campaign as the Axis, now I'm getting spanked as the Russian player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stig Morten
Norway
Kvernaland
flag msg tools
Thunder Alley: Crew Chief Expansion - Coming soon to Kickstarter!
badge
Evil lurks here!
mbmbmbmbmb
Bob.Gibson wrote:

Only happy to help, but Scorched earth doesn't penalise the axis as much as you think.

The wording is "Once only, before any scenario in the first phase, the Allied player can claim Scorched earth. The german player must play the entire scenario with 1 less command card."

So scorched earth ONLY limits Axis card hand for ONE scenario during phase 1. It is up to the Russian player to choose which scenario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.