Popular Tags: [View All]
João 'Finding a new way to make you WTF today' Marum
Portugal
Loulé
Algarve
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I find it a little bit strange that no word has come out from FFG about the next expansion for ToI. There was rumors about the Russian Army for the next expansion but there hasn't been any announcement or anything about ToI.

So, does anyone have any news about the future of ToI?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Hills
Canada
Saskatoon
SK
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The news from Gencon and the boss was "Don't Worry".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Vantries
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
All I remember is that's it's called "(something something) Bear". Maybe "Fury of the Bear"? Eh, anyway it was something along those lines at least.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
United States
Mill Creek
Washington
flag msg tools
"Recetivism"
badge
RePEAT O-ffender!
mbmbmbmbmb
There's been nothing about the game, only an eerie silence following the (apparently gaffed) announcement of a "Fury of The Bear" demo at GenCon. My guess is that we won't hear anything more until after the new year (at the soonest). Just a guess, of course.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Doyle
United States
Lynchburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still holding out some hope that it'll be out this year. They hinted at GenCon that they still have two secret coffin-box games and one square box to release this year.

I'm hoping the big box is a new base game with Russians and Germans, revised rules, etc, but I won't complain if it's the small box with just Russians.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Portugal
Loulé
Algarve
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Harrelson wrote:
There's been nothing about the game, only an eerie silence following the (apparently gaffed) announcement of a "Fury of The Bear" demo at GenCon.

That's what I'm worried about, the 'eerie silence'. Being a gamer for too many years I've come to relate this kind of silences to a line of games, RPGs and BGs, being silently discontinued. I just hope this is not the case here, ToI is making good sales, I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
United States
Mill Creek
Washington
flag msg tools
"Recetivism"
badge
RePEAT O-ffender!
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I don't think we should worry that ToI being discontinued. As someone posted above, the company's given some verbal confirmation, and I don't think they're stringing the ToI fan-base along. A fan-base that's loyal and growing.

I think we're just so used to premature announcements from FFG, and then looong waiting times for a release, that it seems extraordinarily odd that they are saying so little. My guesses are...

1) they're taking their time with the EF development, esp. given the criticisms of poorly designed scenarios

2) FFG's staying the course with newer, stricter policies on when they announce as well as keeping release deadlines, and

3) FFG is focused on the production of other games/game-systems. Frankly, I've been surprised by how many games they've released this summer and Fall - in all their categories (board, rpg, silverline, etc.).

Again, just a guess, but ToI will reclaim some spotlight in the new year to boost sales/interest in the wake of the post-holiday retail drop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
. .

Apex
North Carolina
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
The longer they spend on product development, scenarios in particular, the better off this release will be. The production quality can sell a lot of games, but the scenario quality is incredibly low. They still don't have a scenario edit that supports the expansions they do have even to help counter this and support community built scenarios.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Portugal
Loulé
Algarve
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hope so. It's just that I'm used to see FFG release an expansion each year for, well, most of their games that have more than one expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.