Mike Bourgeois
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Hey, I need some help. I'm looking for one of those crafting knives that comes no with a blade but rather with about a six inch metal cylinder. It's electric and can both punch through and carve the foam material.

I've seen one before either here or at www.theminiaturespage.com but I can't seem to find it anymore. If you could suggest a link or a nudge in the right direction I'd really appreciate it.

many thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Barlow
Canada
Stratford
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
No one takes the time to read anymore.
mbmbmbmbmb
um.. what?

Okay. Nice now... whistle

I'll go look...

so, this is not the traditional foam wire cutter. Looks like a cheap cheese cutter with a wire suspended between, like, little football endzone posts? No?

Looking at Micromark.com, my favourite (once) little tool supply shop...

is it this thing? Hope not, looks expensive.

http://www.micromark.com/HOT-KNIFE-FOAM-CUTTER,8547.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bourgeois
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Mike, it's nice fer sure but no what I remembered... the one I remembered had a tube in place of a blade... maybe oval in shape and capped off at the end. I've been looking through all the old favorites and the like on this computer but nothing seems to be the right one.

If I dredge up a big ole goose egg then perhaps I'll give the one you listed a run... it does look very useful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Morris
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like it's just making a hell of a mess to me.

Doing the same types of cuts, you'd be better off just using a hot wire cutter. Michaels sells those for under $15 (floral isle).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.