• [+] Dice rolls
Jay Sheely
United States
Hayward
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, this looks very cool! Will be buying soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thijs Lauwbierkoffie
Netherlands
Amersfoort
Utrecht
flag msg tools
www.spellenclubapeldoorn.nl
badge
Kom spellen spelen bij de Spellenclub Apeldoorn!
mbmbmbmbmb
thank you for another nice review.

Question: why does this feel as an abstract strategy game?

Or is it more like a Knizia game like Euphrates and Tigris or Ingenious?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Collins
United States
San Rafael
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
well done!

Im not sure about the eastern philosophy stuff, i can take it or leave it, but the game looks really pretty, especially the cards.

Tim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Valentijn Eekels
Netherlands
Gouda
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hehehe, he totally hates the theme =)...

Don't worry about the "eastern philosophy stuff". Let's say.. If you don't like the images, don't bother to read the introduction (one A5 page) and just play this game ;).

Thanks so much Tom for your review, shining a powerful mystic light on our spiritual product -- joking ;).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Adams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
This is my type of game. I must have it I hope it becomes available in the UK very soon...emmmm, like today !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Valentijn Eekels
Netherlands
Gouda
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
elfrododumbo wrote:
This is my type of game. I must have it :) I hope it becomes available in the UK very soon...emmmm, like today !

That's great =).

Boardgameguru has it available: http://www.boardgameguru.co.uk/day--night-3670-p.asp

It's the only one at the moment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Adams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb

Thank you so much Valentijn.

I hope that they are not out of stock even though I just placed an order with them It sometimes happens that way. Looking at the bright side and I will be very, very happy to have this game

Regards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gijs Bouwman
Netherlands
Bussum
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw this game being played at the "Ducosim Spellenbeurs" but didin't really pay much attention to it, 'cause I didn't really liked the look of it.
But this seems pretty interesting. I need to check this one out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Valentijn Eekels
Netherlands
Gouda
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
@ Gordon Adams: That's great! Let me know if you liked it!

@ Gijs Bouwman: Je zult vast vaker de kans krijgen; ik probeer op zoveel mogelijk NL evenementen te zijn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Adams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb

Hippeeeeeee ! I received it ten minuits ago

Cannot wait to start playing.

A small company maybe, but one with great ideas, methinks. Good Luck , even though I think you have a great winner with Day and Night. Carry on with the good work.

Best Wishes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems like a very interesting game. I really like asymmetrical games. Without knowing more about the game than this review, one thing in the "theme" bugs me though. Tom Vasel said in his review that in this game Day has to play more sneakier way and Night plays more agressively and straightforward. For me it would sound more "thematical" if Day was the more powerful and straightforward in your face type of force and Night was the sneakier one.

Anyway, very interesting game, and I will look for an opportunity to try it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edin Cahtarevic
Croatia
Zagreb
HR
flag msg tools
badge
"Solaris" - Stanislav Lem 1961, Andrei Tarkovsky 1972, Steven Soderbergh 2002
mbmbmbmbmb
Archvile wrote:
Day has to play more sneakier way and Night plays more agressively and straightforward. For me it would sound more "thematical" if Day was the more powerful and straightforward in your face type of force and Night was the sneakier one.

I look it other way: Night bites tile by tile, slowly capturing territory. Then comes the Day and spread light over dark.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
England
Harrow
London
flag msg tools
mbmb
Archvile wrote:
Day has to play more sneakier way and Night plays more agressively and straightforward. For me it would sound more "thematical" if Day was the more powerful and straightforward in your face type of force and Night was the sneakier one.

In lots of modern mythology (such as fantasy novels) and many older stories too the powers of light travel in disguise subtly influencing actions little by little (worrying about maintaining the balance or freewill) while the forces of darkness use obvious power with impunity. Wherever Day goes light emanates from her so she can be seen at a large distance just like it's easy to see a torch at night or even a laser at day. She must be more surreptitious in her actions and plays more tangentially. Night can move around without drawing attention to herself the way a beacon fire does. She's got much more freedom to work unobserved so she doesn't have to work at hiding her actions since they are already shrouded under cover of darkness thereby allowing her to be more direct. (Please don't take me as saying you're wrong. Just sharing another view.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.