Subject: Client status rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pepper Page
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
OK so I have three questions relating to each other

1. If Turkey is aide box of Austria but not on its +1 side is it considered a client of Austria.

2. If it is a client then Russia would not be affected by the Turkey-Russo foreign war since both Austria and Russia are in the Coalition camp, Is this correct.

3. If Turkey is not considered a cleint of Austria under the cicumstances mentiond above then can Austria or anyone else in the same camp as Russia ever bring Turkey to client status as long as there is a Russo-Turkey war active.

I would greatly appreciate any help in clarifying the rules on this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Johns
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Supercat3767 wrote:
OK so I have three questions relating to each other

1. If Turkey is aide box of Austria but not on its +1 side is it considered a client of Austria.

2. If it is a client then Russia would not be affected by the Turkey-Russo foreign war since both Austria and Russia are in the Coalition camp, Is this correct.

3. If Turkey is not considered a cleint of Austria under the cicumstances mentiond above then can Austria or anyone else in the same camp as Russia ever bring Turkey to client status as long as there is a Russo-Turkey war active.

I would greatly appreciate any help in clarifying the rules on this.

I'm in the game, so I will clarify the questioning line a bit

Russia and Austria are Allied.

1. If Turkey was neutral and a Russo-Turkish War (RTW) was played, can Austria (or Russia or Britain) move Turkey up their diplomatic track as long as RTW exists?

2. If Turkey was on diplomatic track of Austria (or Russia or Britain), then this would preclude anyone from playing the RTW right?

3. Just to confirm, is a client state a minor at any location on a player's diplomatic track or only one in pact? I think from the definition that it is the former.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rubin
United States
Trenton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
"It may be doubted whether so small a number of men ever employed so short a space of time with greater or more lasting effects upon the history of the world.” — Sir George Otto Trevelyan on the Battles of Trenton and Princeton
mbmbmbmbmb
See 3. Glossary and 8.4 Turkish Foreign Wars.

Original Questions:
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. N/A

Clarified Questions
1. No
2. Yes
3. Any location
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Johns
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, thanks, Dave. I screwed that up, I think. I played the card against the Russian when Austria had the Turks to ... something. We'll have to fix it now. Good catch, Supercat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.